Why would a company like Gannett use an insurance company like CIGNA? Their reputation for not paying people who are out on disabilty renders them useless when you need them. I was off for almost 2 months and when you go on sick leave, you don't consider how you will be paid, because you are sick...

When you are jerked around by CIGNA and there is a big hassle between doctor and insurance company, the stress that causes compounds how bad you feel by quantums. The hardship created when a single adult needs to be off work for a period of weeks is major. I always felt secure that I had disability insurance, thinking I was protected. I really believe that my company, Gannett, should demand better response and coverage for their employees. I am sure they pay for this insurance to cover us and if they make it impossible for people to collect the benefit, what good does it actually do?

What's more...insurance companies are so favored in the court and legislative system that as simple employees seeking benefits, we have very little resources to turn to. Being sick is a very vunerable and difficult time, this makes it even worse.

Review about: Cigna Disability Insurance.

Had an Experience with Cigna?

Comments

I feel EXACTLY as you do...and have had the exact same experience..worked hard all my life and then get sick and it's hitting *** hard too, then I trusted Cigna to take care of my std but they juust paid less than a month and then friggin' denied any further coverage. I KNOW EXACTLY what you mean about the stress compounding the pain and sickness I have the exact same thing with myself...I would not shed a tear if these SOB's were bombed by N. Korea..they are a special form of EVIL that deserves a special place in hheelllll!!!

They LIE about what Drs reports say too..and OMIT favorable information AND have the NBERVE to have their OWN NURSE that has NEVER EVEN SEEN A PICTURE OF YOU...this *** will override your doctors AND your employer saying there is NO WAY you can work!!!

BUNCH OF DAMNABLE CRIMINALS in MY OPINION...SHOULD BE TRIED IN COURT FOR CRIMES AGAINST ALL PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE DISABLED!!!