I am a very dissatisfied customer. After a reemergence of thyroid cancer was discovered in a lymph node in my neck (in 2011), I have had consistent and excellent care by a specific endocrinologist at Cedars-Sinai.

Cigna does not prioritize my continued care with said endocrinologist. Though I called and asked whether my doctor was in network and was told an unequivocal "yes", the Cedars-Sinai Medical Group has a complicated multi-tiered system and when my PCP attempted to officially refer me to my doctor, the referral was denied. I then wrote an appeal and two months later was denied. The denial letter made it sound like my appeal was ridiculous.

Consistent, continued care with a doctor you know and trust, who understands the details of your case and history and with whom you do not need to "catch them up" is not ridiculous--especially when she is at the same facility and a part of the same group for which I specifically signed up in order to continue seeing her!! If you wish to keep your doctor, do not choose Cigna!

Review about: Cigna Medical Claim.

Reason of review: Appeal Denial -- no appreciation for consistent continued care by my doctor.

Comments