Additional Fees

I had Cigna for approximately 10 months without any claims or deductibles. I realized today that they increased my premium (autopay) from $160 / mo to $315!!

I called to point out that they were accidentally double billing me... only to find out that they had mailed me some letter amongs the thousands of junk letters they sent that informed me my rates would be increasing unless I opted into a different program.

OK, so I'd like to adjust my program now. Too bad. Open enrollment doesn't start for another 7 months. Their "retention department" basically said FU.... there's nothing you can do anyways and unless you had a qualifying life event other insurance companies won't enroll you. They were right. So now I am stuck with the insurance company that secretly doubled my rates and won't let me update my plan. Now I understand why they jacked my rates.... they knew there is nothing I could do about it.

What a mess of an industry.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Cigna. The most disappointing about insurance from Cigna was no accountability, inaccurate billing and wait wait wait Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Cigna.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Cigna to other companies on our site.

Comments