Cigna outsources approvals for medical imaging to an unknown entity. They denied the CT scan that my primary care doctor ordered (she has been my primary care doctor for 16 years and knows a lot more than the bean counters at CIGNA) - she ordered the scan after I had non-heart chest pains and lost 20 pounds in a month - CIGNA denied the claim.

I pay $16,000 a year to them for my family and incur under $5,000 a year and they harass us about a claim that is part of the $5,000- ***, monolithic company. Going back to United, Cigna cares more about saving money than about the health of their members.

This reviewer shared experience about "crappy insurance" and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $16000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Cigna. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Cigna.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Cigna to other companies on our site.

Comments