Elk Grove, California
1.1K views

My 86 year old mother received a form from Cherie Gartner, a "Life Claim Specialist" with CIGNA Group Insurance regarding a benefit paid to her by a totally different insurance company. The form contained a little information about my (deceased) father and then 3 questions asking my mother to verify the information on the form.

My mother asked me to read the form and explain to her what it was about. After reading it, I told her that it's purpose wasn't clear to me either. Monday morning I called the 1-800 number and went though the automated number pressing game only to reach Cherie Gartner's voice mail. I did not leave information, because up to this point, these people have not won my trust.

I called the 1-800 back and spoke to an actual person. She asked where she could direct my call. I asked her for someone in the claims department. However, she insisted that I give her the name of the person on the claim form before transferring me. When I confided with her that I had my doubts that this was a legitimate claim, I was promptly hung up on.

I have heard the name "CIGNA" before and I thought they were legit, but after this experience, I don't want anything to do with these people and I will let people know to be aware of these people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cigna Claim.

Comments

Cigna is NEVER to be trusted-EVER!!!

This lady sounds like a silly ninny. Of course they wanted to know the name of the person on the form how else would they know what department to direct her too.

This lady is what's wrong with the country everyone is soooooo hypersensitive. I find it hard to believe that someone at Cigna would hang up on her.

Seerat

Agree,,, preventing people from using their federal rights,,,"Cigna is a picture of whats with healthcare...

Seerat

I called the survivors benefits #, on hold that they make you jump through so many illegal hoops, when you finally get through a several attempts with a human being, they called you a liar... :( :( :(

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. If I can help, please email your contact info to SCR_isolve@cigna.com

Cigna Reviews