My company recently switched to Cigna for our Health Insurance coverage and upon attempting to fill a prescription that I had previously been getting prescribed by my DOCTOR for well over 3 years and suddenly was rejected for coverage by my pharmacy. The Pharmacy claimed it was denied by my employer.

I called my HR dept and they claim it was rejected by Cigna as "not medically necessary". Really? Wow! My insurance company is now overriding my healtcare professional DOCTOR's orders?

I spent over 4 hours on the phone with Cigna and my employer and never once got a straight answer and/or an apology but they eventually filled my prescription. Thinking this issue was resolved, the next month the exact same thing happened!!!! I had to call Cigna once again and my Doctor's office to correct the issue all over again!! Unbelievable.

This is just another example of the lowering of quality healthcare insurance for us all.

If I had a choice, I would not use Cigna. So much for "if you have your insurance, you can keep it".....

Review about: Cigna Health Insurance.

Comments