I never received a letter or any notification whatsoever telling me that my premium was going up and in addition I also have a $250 deductible! I found out about the premium increase when I went to pay my bill for January through the automated system, since I was never notified of an increase I thought the amount I owed had to be a mistake.

Then I called customer service department and they informed me that because of the rise in costs they have increased the premium. Then Friday (2/12/16) I called to find out if the shingle shot is covered that’s when I found out I also have a $250 deductible, therefore I was told that I would have to pay for the shingle shot myself which costs approximately $250, which I cannot afford to pay so now because of Cigna I have to risk getting shingles because I can’t afford to pay for it myself!

Because of Cigna not notifying me about the premium increase and especially the new $250 deductible I did not have the opportunity to look for other insurance companies for Part D and their plans and now it is too late for me to enroll in another plan with another company as the enrollment period is over. So now I am forced to pay a $250 deductible so I cannot get any of my prescriptions without paying for them myself.

If I knew about the deductible for 2016 I would have gotten a shingles shot then found another company!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with customer service people are very nice and helpful and stated that there is a room for improvement of no notification that i have a 250 dollar deductible part d 2016. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "no notification that my policy now has a $250 deductible for 2016" of cigna medicare part d prescription drug plan and associated monetary loss in the amount of $250. Cigna needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cigna medicare part d prescription drug plan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cigna.

Comments

Same issue as above.....company will not cover drugs they indicated they would cover upon signing and then did a plan increase and a two fifty deductible......Customer Service did indicate that due to sanctions against company, I can contact medicare to see if I can change plans. I have almost paid the deductible so now I will wait to change until open enrollment. make sure you check all drugs and do not go with this company.