My employer offers short term disability insurance through Cigna. They contact you when you file the claim and after that the rep does not return your calls.

They kept my claim 'under review' for three months then changed the status to closed on the website you can log in to. From what I could tell it was approved but I still did not receive any money. When I left a message with the rep about getting paid, this time she called back. She was sorry if I misunderstood the communication but the claim was denied.

I received no communication from them with a determination. She said my illness is subjective and even though my doctor said I was disabled there was no objective proof. She said I can certainly file an appeal. I wonder how I would do that, there isn't anything on the site and I haven't received anything in the mail.

This coverage is a joke!

Their reps are the worst. If you can avoid Cigna, do so!

This person wrote the review because of "handling of claim" at Cigna. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $4500 and wants Cigna to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Cigna and cigna disability claim for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments