I have a PPO policy, not a group, no ERISA issues. CIGNA has challenged each submission, uses medical reviewers who are not doctors in the field, violating the law regarding peer to peer review, active practice, same state, within zip of policyholder or doctor.

It violates the laws playing doctor over riding the doctors decisions without having any basis by which they do so. As the policyholder, I am the employer, and CIGNA does not believe they are accountable to me, no explanation or reasons should be provided the person who pays the premium and the salaries of the CIGNA personnel from the CEO down. Everything is medically unnecessary! If that was the case, the doctor should not perform the surgery.

CIGNA does not ask for more background, blanket denial, go appeal our decision. Third-party IME's violate AMA policies to error on the side of the patient, and each submitted bill has had to be processed three to four times to get it done correctly. The State of CA needs to stop the violations and protect the Citizens of CA.

The citizens in CA need to rally against the Attorney General and Insurance Dept for turning a blind eye and allowing CIGNA to get away with abusing the policyholders. STAND UP, SPEAK OUT with numbers, CIGNA will have to change or be fined.

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #791274

I've had the same issues with my disability claim. It is going on one year since my injury and I haven't received a paycheck since May 2013.

I don't know what I'm going to do if they deny my claim for LTD again (the last denial involved using my EYE DOCTOR as the expert to deny a neurological disability!?!?!? The denial also stated that a nurse reviewed my neuropsych evaluation to determine my cognition levels when the Cinga policy clearly says that a doctor must review. It is ridiculous the nonsense they tell you OR they just don't return calls. Every week for the past 4 weeks I've called, left a message but have not received a responses.

Yesterday I had to go back to work, though clearly I should not. Out of all my doctors, I finally had one who took pity on my no money situation and signed that I could return to work based on a list of stipulations. It took everything I had and then some to make it through the day. But when you're waiting for LTD, you cannot collect unemployment and, once you run out of PTO time as pay, you are completely screwed for money.

An entire freaking YEAR they have been dragging this out! How does one file an official complaint???

So sorry you have had to go through this garbage!!!!!

These people pull this *** everywhere it seems! I am surprised you have not seen a LetUsHelpU@cigna.com *** poster her yet...they troll these boards clasiming they will help..or "would like to TRY to help"....YES the would LIKE to WANT TO TRY...bunch of scummbags in my opinion and I get the same denials as you speak of. I have another provider for health and they have been wonderful....CIGNA HOWEVER SUCKS BIG PILES OF HORSE MANURE!

CIGNA FORGOT ONE IMPORTANT RULE!!! DO NOT MESS WITH TEXANS!!! I WIL BE EVERYWHERE ON THE INTERNET THEY ARE TELLING PEOPLE THE TRUTH>>>I AM TOO SICK AND DISABLED TO WORK AND THIS IS A CONSTRUCTIVE WAY FOR ME TO FOCUS ALL THE PAIN I AM IN!

I WONDER HOW MANY DISABLED PEOPLE HAVE KILLED THEMSELVES BECAUSE OF CIGNA'S ***?!??!?! I WON'T BUT I COULD SURE SEE HOW THESE DIRTBAGS MESS UP PEOPLE'S LIVES AND THEIR HEALTH!