I had medical emergency overseas back in mid September. When I came back to the States, I submitted a foreign Claim form with all the medical records and itemized bill. The form said it takes 10 to 15 days to process. After 20 days, I call them, and they have NO IDEA about the claim. After 45 mins on the phone, they were able to find the mail with the form and medical records (no one touch it yet). They told me we will scan the paper and process the claim immediately, please give us a week and we will get back with you. Guess what, after a week no one contact me as usual. I call back, and they have NO IDEA about the claim!!! AGAIN!!! Finally, they find the scanned images, but no one touched it yet! I asked to speak with a manager, manager (Cindy in Claims Dept) told me that she forwarded the claim to the appropriate person and she promised to contact me next day. Thank God she did, but she said that they sent me a mail to request more info. I get the mail in a week, and it is asking for the same exact info that was sent originally.

All this and the claim is not even showing on my online portal.

I call again on 12/01/14, and give them last confirmation number from the previous call, and they finally find the file. They said it will take 5 to 10 business days and it should appear on the portal in 48 hours.

I call back today 12/11/14 because I havent heard from them and the claim is still not showing on my portal. The customer service rep looks at all the phone calls from the last two months, and tells me it will take 25 to 30 business day to process. I ask to speak to a manager, And (male with British accent) he apologize for the bad experience that I am having, and he said he will escalate the claim to be processed quickly. I ask him for time frame with this escalation, and he tells me "25 to 30 business day to process".!!!!

I get better service from my cell phone provider than what I get from my healthcare provider!

Review about: Cigna Claim.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Their shaddiness.

I didn't like: Their happy voice when frustrated.

Comments