Company switch over to Cigna was told everything was going to be the same then to find out they don't cover insulin and the best answer they had for me was to check the Internet to find coupons to lower the 400 cost really the week prior I called and they said don't worry well cover the cost . So I should just pay my er co pay and get admitted into the hospital oh wait I might not have that cover this is a freaken joke I didn't ask to be diabetic now there not covering It. I guest I should just go on government assistance it will get covered then

Had an Experience with Cigna?

Comments

I just switched to Cigna on Jan 1.The website showed that none of my daughter's insulin would be covered.

I called the Cigna reps and they told me I just have to have my doctor call in an authorization and then it will all be covered.

Call the 800 back and see if this is an option for you as well.

You need to provide more information. Is your employer self-insured? Many employers are these days, and it is the employer, not the insurer that determines what is or is not covered. The insurance company simply administers the plan, but the employer retains control of the coverage elections.

It is possible that your employer's human resources department or other dedicated insurance manager didn't carefully make elections to mirror the same plan when switching from your previous carrier to the new carrier. This does not necessarily mean that your current insurance carrier is the one at fault for not covering the insulin.

You cannot make a blanket statement like, "CIGNA does not cover insulin" when in fact, an employee working for another company who also has CIGNA as there insurance carrier, gets their insulin covered because their employer elected to cover it.

NOT COVERING DIABETICS AND OTHERS THAT NEED LIFE SUSTAINING MEDICINES SHOULD BE CRIMINAL! CIGNA HAS A LOOOOONNNNGGGG HISTORY OF DEPRAVED INDIFFERENCE TOWARDS PEOPLE AND THEIR LIVES IN MY OPINION THEY COULD CARE LESS IF YOU DIE!