72 views
Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Jan 21, 2021

When HealthSpring was by itself it was a wonderful Medicare Advantage Plan. However, when Cigna bought Health Spring in 2012 it has consistently gone downhill.

We live in a retirement community with a population of about 30,000 people.

We have a lot of medical providers in the area, but very few accept Cigna HealthSpring.

Cigna claims to provide eyecare, but what they do provide is really terrible. Recently I went to the only local optometrist that accepted Cigna Health Spring. I had their exam, but the cost of new glasses was outrageous. I would have had to spend an additional $200.00 over and above what Cigna allowed.

I went to Costco and purchased my new glasses. Because of the additional feature I requested, (progressive lenses instead of bifocals with a line) my glasses cost $49.00 more than the allowed $150.00 benefit provided by Cigna.

I had to pay the entire amount, $219.00) out of pocket which was ok, and then submitted a claim to Cigna's optical insurance provider, Superior Vision.

My claim was denied because I didn't use a Cigna approved provider.

In addition to optical providers ,there is only one medical provider that accepts Cigna Health Spring. The same goes for other specialists in our area.

I think we will be changing Medicare Advantage Plans providers on our next go around.

CIGNA HEALTH SPRING SUCKS!

User's recommendation: Choose any Medicare Advantage Plan provider but Cigna Health Spring!

Preferred solution: Provide good products and more providers.

Cigna Pros: Benefits.

Cigna Cons: Cheap greedy little pigs.

Comments