Cigna denied my MRI.... I have a bulging disc which is very painful since 2015 and my doctor ordered an MRI exam but CIGNA denied it two times!

Because Cigna knows that there's a reason for an MRI....and the reason is for me getting a surgery. CIGNA doesn't want to pay for the surgery nor the MRI because the MRI determines the injury CIGNA IS THE WORST!! CIGNA IS SATAN! CIGNA IS A MONEY COLLECTOR BUSINESS NOTHING ELSE!

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR CIGNA BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GOING TO PAY FOR ANYTHING! I'M GOING TO CANCEL MY INSURANCE WITH CIGNA BECAUSE IT IS COMPLETELY USELESS!

Review about: Cigna Medical Claim.

Comments

Same here, they denied an MRI on my knee and on my spine. I spend a lot of money on Cigna but when we renew in November lm going to switch too.

I'm having the same issues. My blood pressure is off the scale.

I’ve had the same issue. They have denied an MRI for me and a CT for my wife.

They are terrible. And my wife pays a priemum for the better insurance.

How about February 2018 they denied MRI for Deany, child battling brain cancer! Check out Facebook page deanystrong. He has dipg!

I am going through the vary same thing with Cigna. I too was diagnosed with a herniated disc.

I had 3 separate injections of which helped me up until the past few months. I cant lift my right leg, I have excruciating pain and I don't sleep well because of the pain. My doctor ordered an new MRI to see what is going on since the last one was taken in 2015. CIGNA denied it.

I am trying to figure out how to live my life with this pain as well as my limitations.

I am sick that these companies are all about making money. My understanding is that it is very expensive to attempt to sue.Type your message here

In addition to that suggestion, file a formal complaint online with your state's insurance commissioner! I have found you get results from them in OH and FL anyway as they listen to consumer's about medical issues.

Get your doctor to file an appeal with your insurance with proof that it is needed and have heard some of them have been approved.

to LR Swenson #1378289

I did and they still denied it saying again it was medically unnecessary.

to LR Swenson #1433288

My husband is currently having the same problem with a denial of his MRI. Denied first time and doctor appealed.

Denied the second time and doctor had a conference call with the Cigna citing the necessity of the MRI in order to continue with his treatment. Denied again! As a result, he went ahead and had the MRI done, anyway on Jan.8,2018, agreeing with the hospital to pay the bill himself. $3,500 bill.

Results of MRI showed surgery was necessary. He is now scheduled for a diskectomy of his lumbar area on Fe. 22. As I am writing this, I have another appeal to submit to Cigna.

If that is denied, I have the option to write to OPM Federal Insuerance in Washington, D.C. help with the appeal. We shall see.

I recommend to any federal employee to think twice before signing up with Cigna for their health benefit plan. This is NOT the first denial from them for a medical procedure, but it will be the last as we are switching insurance during the next open season.