Coppell, Texas

I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and chronic hypoxema where my brain, heart, lungs, liver, and other vital organs do not get enough oxygen. It was one thing to deny me a sleep study, but then to say I could work when I was falling asleep on the highway and in public places was particularly pitiful.

I was so short of breath that I had to stop grocery shopping because the sleep apnea was affecting my body at the cellular level (grade 1 diastolic heart dysfunction, grade 1 COPD, advanced non-alcoholic fatty liver, just to name a few changes when I do not drink, smoke, and I get exercise). I had some subjective complaints, but many documented objective complaints and all CIGNA likes to do is deny. They do not live up to their statements of excellence, diversity, or anything else. They pay for people who they are afraid of and those who earnestly are trying to get off of disability, they deny your claim.

I am an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse and my husband is a cardiologist.

I am going to complain/sue/complain/sue until the cows come home.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cigna Short Term Disability Insurance.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments