Vernon, Connecticut

This is the second time I have had to pay a claim because of false information given by Cigna's customer service reps. I always call to be sure my doctors are in network and that certain procedures will be covered.

The first time I was told a medical facility to go to for care while on vacation and ended up paying because the facility was not in network. This second time I had a supervisor helping me and he told me this doctor was in network and they would be paying my claim. Come to find out that was incorrect and I had to pay the bill again! All I got was that they were sorry for the incorrect information!

Well sorry doesn't pay the bill! They do not take responsibility for their own employees! This was all documented on their system but still they were just sorry!

They just let anyone answer the phone there! Very bad service!

Comments

CIGNA is notorious for this. I have cases where my providers are listed as "IN NETWORK" on MyCigna and they still have schemes for placing the claim "Out of network".

They usually say the provider filed the claim wrong. I've caught CIGNA'S Customer service people in a web of LIES on this one topic numerous times just in the last 3 months!