1.3
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Hello Dee Dee

I too have filed a claim with Cigna for short term disability due to work related depression, anxiety, and stress. After several weeks of dealing with a overly aggressive and harsh environment, I had a mental break down.

I went to my primary care provider who confirmed I was not fit to go back to work, and she referred me to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist agreed with her findings and deemed me not fit to go back to work. My claim representative with Cigna, after a lack of communication, decided I did not have enough information to support the claim. The medical records from qualified medical providers is not sufficient.

Now I'm going through the appeals process.

Any suggestions or help with getting Cigna to not make their own medical decision based off themselves as non-medical providers. Mental health is a serious issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cigna Disability Claim.

Comments

This is my story I have been depressed for years I tried to hide it ,but due to death of my mother and childhood trauma my life seem so meaningless. I have no money for my depression medication so tell me how am I suppose to get better?

I have worked hard all my life and I'm about 45days from losing everything. I feel I have no reason to live.

Cigna will have my blood all over their hands. DEPRESSION IS REAL!!!!!!