I have had Cigna health insurance for more than 10 years. In July 2010 I was laid off from my job but given health benefits via Cigna (company 100% paid) until January 2012.

First problem...I had my regular OB/GYN appointment with my doctor of 3 years. Cigna declines to pay my doctor because she is "out of network". She hasn't been out of network for 3 years so I call. 1st call -- Cigna didn't call because I live in PA and the doctor is in DE. 2nd call -- sorry this should have been paid will resubmit. 3rd, 4th and 5th call all the same. Meanwhile I was put into collections by my doctor. The doctor was also getting the run around from Cigna. Finally 6 months after a Cigna rep says that the doctor ID is wrong. The doctor says that she combined with the other doctors in the practice and the ID is fine. A full 10 months later, I'm in collections for a total of $85 and the doctor's billing office calls Cigna and figures this out.

The exact same thing happened for my 2011 OB/GYN appointment but this time my doctor's billing office looked at my case from last year and called the senior account representative from Cigna and got it figured out. This year it only took 2 months.

Review about: Cigna Health Insurance.

Comments

OMG! LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com TROLLS IN TANDEM!

You would get the same Cigna BS from these trolls..they are NOT here to help people they are here to make their EVIL company look like it is worth anything!

They did the SAME STUFF during the nat. healthcare debate, Cigna paid a LOT of money for people to set up fake blogs and research "studies" that nobody else knew about and it was simply disgusting!

We're very sorry you had a difficult time getting your claim issue resolved. If you need any additional assistance, you can email your information to SCR_isolve@cigna.com. We're here to help.