Criminal prosecution is necessary for these kind of actions:

Twelve years ago I fought for my life with this same Glendale Cigna. Back in those days they owned and operated 29 wholly owned health Clinics where they employed the doctors. I did not stop fighting until these Clinics were quietly closed down.

I had Lung Cancer, they documented in my file, I was neither a candidate for Surgery, nor was I a candidate for follow up. In other words they put me on Disability and sent me home to die.

They made me suffer for two years, lying to me I was well, when all the time they knew I had Lung Cancer.

I fought, went to Doctors outside their system, and all these Doctors recommended immediate Surgery. I had the surgery, and I survived.

All this just to save a BUCK.

When I was leaving the hospital the Surgeon told us, the cancer was very rare only in 1 percent of all cases would it originate in the Lung. He advised my family Cigna was not going to want to pay for the treatment needed. So he said he was going to document in my Hospital file all the things I would need so I could fight to get it.

The Cigna Medical Director, documented in my file theTumor was removed it was benign, and all I would need would be a follow up xray.

I stood outside this same Glendale based Cigna in a Hospital Gown fighting to live, as they would not return my calls. Instead of letting me get treatment they met me with their Lawyers, and their Risk manager.

My father was with me,and so was my husband, my Father I will never forget told their Risk Manager, if they do not let me get the necessary treatment, he would take him and throw him from the fifth floor Window out on to the street.

The Newspapers came to my aid, and after my story was published CIGNA only then agreed to pay for the treatment needed.

Please believe me, when I say these people are CRIMINALS, and I have the evidence to prove it.

Cigna, must be held accountible for its CRIMES against humanity.

Pretty damed sad this is happening in AMERICA, and nothing is being done about it.

Comments

Jo Joshua Godfrey and her family founds United Patients of america.

Yes Cigna, this should be a crime the writer of this is very correct

First of all to Lillian : your health insurance carrier does not make doctors appointments for you. If that happened to you, then you must not have made it. Doctor's office do not accept doctors appointments made by a healthcare company. They are not a secretary. Secondly, it sounds like you were on a cruddy HMO plan. That sucks because you always have to have a primary doctor refer to others.

Thirdly: to anotherCIGNAvictim: yeah I am so sure that a doctor would risk losing their medical license and risk losing 15 years of education they had in order to get that, just to receive a kickback.

Fourthly: There is no way to "tamper" with any medical records. If they staff really received these so called bonuses, don't you think that they would be arrested by now? Get real. I call BS on that one.If you really had proof of that, you wouldnt need to pay a lawyer. A lawyer would be licking your butt for a chance to get that lawsuit going.

Too many people sit there and blame a health insurance plan because A) they are too dumb to read what their insurance benefits are and to fully comprehend it B) they know what they are having is not really a benefit because they are told yet they do it anyways. Then *** about it. And further more : most insurance plans go like this: your employer is the one who pays the claims and are in control of the plan options and benefits. So if you want to gripe, gripe to them.

As for all the others on here : you guys sincerely have gotten ripped off and that is ***. Especially the person who orginally wrote this article. That makes me sad because you sincerely got ripped off and risked your life.

to well duh #1117604

Just really shows how little you know, please get educated before you make comments like this. Do some research my friend it may save your life someday, and a word of thanks to the person who wrote this story, and to those who shared their experiences, you may save someone elses life..

Cigna is rude and do not read appeals. I was diagnosed with a rare head neck cancer.

I lost my lower right jaw. I had the fibula put in for support and their is a reconstruction process and implants that can be done, but Cigna has denied me everytime I have written. the second appeal they misplaced. How convenient.

The 2 people who looked at this appeal, were RN's. They say it is not a medical neccesity. Does that have Bonus written all over it or what? I can't find a lawyer who will help.

I don't have the money upfront as being on disability for 8 months put me behind financially and still having a hard time week to week. I forgot to mention, the first appeal of the policy was overturned and was with United Healthcare at that time. This company switched to Cigna and I have been battling since. I was approved and denied as well.

Cigna must just hire idiots who can't read and just stamp deny on everything.

I might write the Ceo of Cigna. Since he seems to be well off with all that bonus money.

Bloomingdale, Michigan, United States #13961

everything your saying is true it is a crime have you contacted the right people though if you in california its the departmetn of coprtations / departemtnent of managedcare you tehn staqrt putting wevverthing in wrtting you then i will proivde you withj kjeff flick dirctor of regiopn center of medicare sercvoces who gives cigna federal moniwes toperate for thjeir low income cignA MEDCIAL receipts don'tr ever say where your knoewlege came from you thrn cvontaBt lisa fo;le farmer in washinton dc you keep tracking this you basicallly wrriyte one lletter to bill jameison cheilf legal counsle of cigna 8185000 6276 they have a dienrollment team called called case maNAGWERS ITSA FALSES ADVERT6IZING.

Bloomingdale, Michigan, United States #13960

Bloomingdale, Michigan, United States #13959

you have to first write one letter. you the addresss that leeet er to 2 us sentors in califormnna because they have to respond.

boxer feinsten. deparetment of corpoartions deaprtemnt of insruance only the heads certided mail only. then you local congresss and an loacal senttors. then scatnegatoer if hje wants another term or a recall fpor broibes by cigna.

then you must contact this one person who you must not ever give out my name or email paul groSSAMN 415 5564281 OCR DEPARMENT OF EDCAUCTION AND ASK HIM FOR DIRECTOR OF CENTER OF MEDCIACRE SERRICES AT FEDERAL LEVEL I JUST BLANKING OUT BECAUSE OF THE ILLEGAL DISCRIMINATION THIS MAN DIDS TOO ME DON;T TELL paul YOU got his number alos giveyou jeff flick number the refion difreector after you wrtiere to lisa in washinton dci regret not giving my story to thela times in 1994 when cigna disenrolled the the firrst tiem. you can read my bloog.

Bloomingdale, Michigan, United States #13954

i want to help you but i know to well the cost of attorrneys toowell ans sicker things cigna did too me . can you send you letter to head of the department of corpaortion and the head od deaermtnt of managewd care and a the head of the insurance commmsion er oi its1 letter but then you addresss it personnnlyy to scawtenwwgor, aronern, feinstein, boxer, now you for m the junglar, ada, office of civil rights for discriminarion never use my nmae use must promise that calll paul grroooman 415 556 4281 ask in oooofice of civil righ deparemnt of edcuacrtion refion 9 who is head and addresss of health and heamn services to send your lettt to then you i will give you jefff flick th erefion director cell phon3e3 number.

after you made soem contact on you own . you have to send a letter to tommy tommmy in washinton dc .

so you have tou 2 us senatos you must right o

Bloomingdale, Michigan, United States #13953

Bloomingdale, Michigan, United States #13951

i would love to chat with cigna actaulloy enrooled into another helath plan we were going public into the nerwspapaers with the documents and and cinga was able to get be flsefully incacerted when cms reulatesinsurances companies i have been disenreoooledf from that pre[paid health paln multplie times though i take pride in what they owe back the feds beacuse of what they did to me

Hymera, Indiana, United States #12896

After seeing 5 Doctors all supporting my claim they still denied me saying the medical board whom never saw or spoke to me said I should have recovered in a week.

I hope my lawyer resolves this. The rep was so cold hearted and acted in bad faith the whole time.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #5681

I have had many dealings with Cigna. They are by far the worst health insurer I have dealt with.

I needed to have an outpatient surgery and device implanted. When myself, my caseworker and my Dr's office tried to get this surgery pre-approved/pre-authorized Cigna proceeded for 1 1/2 yrs to send denials stating that they would pay on a case by case basis and that no prior pre-authorization was needed. After getting assured by our employer that it was indeed covered and would be covered we proceeded with the surgery. Only to receive denial from Cigna.

Stating that we did not get pre-authorization for the proceedure.

They are now denying payment for any Dr's visits associated with the implant. This is just ridiculous.

Randolph, New Jersey, United States #5172

Testimony Senate Rules Committe Hearing State of California Monday May 12th,1997 at 2.03PM

I have come to share my experiences with you. The Department of Corporations is failing in its regulatory function, and my familys experience illustrates that. And my own personal experience with Cigna Healthcare will illustrate how consumers are being abused, and how the Department of Corporations is turning a blind eye.

My experience with Cigna began with the abuse of my parents, and in turn they perpetrated that abuse against every member of my family. When I was sick and needed a physician they would send me out on an appointment, and I would be humiliated because most often the physician where they sent me was not expecting me. As a result Cigna sent me a letter saying that I could choose my own physician and they would pay for the medical care. They did this once and then they did not pay for the medical care, and I was threatened by collection agencies that I would be sued if I did not pay the bill. Cigna also said that I could choose a doctor of my choice in my place of residence Santa Barbara, and this never happened. Cigna assigned me a dostor in Santa Barbara but when I was sick and wanted to make an appointment and I called the doctor she never returned my calls. When we contacted the doctors office they said they did not work with Cigna anymore, because Cigna would not make referrals when specialists were needed.

Last year I needed specialty care, and during the procedure the doctor said I needed a Biopsy. He had to stop in the middle and get authorization from CIGNA to continue. The doctor said the two procedures were linked and he had never been expected to perform MEDICINE in this way before. After this procedure when I complained to the Department of Corporations about this Cigna denied the accusationsand responded that the doctor was mistaken. Since that time the doctor came forward to his Legislator in Santa Barbara he stated he performed the Biopsy without their authorization,and my account of the incident was correct. The doctor said I needed follow up every 90 days as this was a pre cancerous condition. Cigna said if I needed this specialty care I needed to go through the primary care doctor to make sure I needed it, and they in turn assigned me a primary care Doctor in Santa Maria, not even in the same County, and more that an hour from my residence.

I am a student I go to UC Santa Barbara, and I do not have transportation. It is just not a viable option., and the Department of Corporations instead of assisting me, had the person at Cigna that was responsible for harassing me and obstructing my treatment call me again

Davisville, Missouri, United States #4361

CIGNA pays its doctors bonuses for cutting back on costs. Even if the cost is your life!

My heart goes out to you and your family for all you pain and sorrow you and you must have endured at the hand of these murderers. I am also a victim of CIGNA and know first hand the suffering and torture this well greased money machine generates. It is outrageous that CIGNA, “A Business of Caring”, has a license to kill with no consequence or penalty, and it is time for people to stand up for their rights.

Because it is to expensive for CIGNA to treat people who have major illnesses, they offer monetary incentives to their staff to commit malpractice.

Although this statement, at first, may seem untrue, it is a disgusting reality. These people will go as far as tampering with medical records and denying specialists just to save a buck.

I am just like you and have the proof, but not enough money to battle their high price attorneys.

I know everything you said is true because it has happened too many. Please do not stop the fight, and thank you for telling your story.