1.8
Additional Fees

Cigna insurance farms their entire sleep medicine program to CareCentrix. They are the middle men for Cigna.

This means that CareCentrix determines weather or not to pay a claim, like an insurance company

and then they pay THEMSELVES, like a medical equipment supplier!

I was renting a CPAP machine from them for sleep apnea.

When I told them that my doctor was changing the prescription for my CPAP machine, and I would be returning my rental;

CareCentrix rammed through the purchase of my machine!

They told me that I had to rent the machine for 6-months, and be vigilant about using it.

After 2 months, they changed the rental to a purchase, and billed me for the entire machine!

Now I have a useless machine I can't use. I can't sell it.

They billed me for my entire yearly deductible, and now want to start renting me the new machine my doctor prescribed!

They said "don't worry. your insurance will pay since you met your deductible!"

Now I'm on a new 6-month rental.

This is a scam! Cigna has washed their hands of it since: "CareCentrix manages our entire sleep program. Talk to them"

Now I have insurance that I can't really use.

This is why healthcare costs so much in America!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "cigna and carecentrix need to be investigated" as the author lost $3000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Cigna. The most disappointing about cigna claim at Cigna was no accountability, conflict of intrest and no provider alternatives Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Cigna.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Cigna to other companies on our site.

Comments