My husband was denied his long term disability in May without notice. Mike has recurring Pyoderma Gangrenosum, Crohn's Disease, Vascular Disease, and OstoeArthritis. They claim the labs from a colonoscopy 10 months earlier were not current enough. The American Cancer Society states that no one should have a colonoscopy more then once a year. They said they needed labs for the Pyoderma. Their medical encyclopedia states there are no labs for PG.
They have lost medical notes, not returned phone calls from doctors or us, and treated us like we were bums looking for a hand out. They have ignored the diagnosis and prognosis from 3 specialist since November 2009.
The prognosis is amputation of my husbands limb.
They have said that they look for "weight loss" to make sure Crohn's is active.
My husband is 45, he did not want all of this. He paid disability for close to 18 years. He is sick, and the safety net he thought he can rely on has caused him much grief, not helping his conditions.
I received paper work today where they are STILL not recognizing his Crohn's Disease and Pyoderma. ALL the medical notes they have received since April 2008 states Crohn's Disease Pyoderma Gangrensum. They are not even reading his file.
This company is unethical and does not up hold there contractual obligations. I strongly advice any company looking into Cigna to look elsewhere.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Long Term Disability
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "I was told by my periodontist that as soon as the technology for implants improved I should get them and I did for my whole mouth. And it was..."
- " PLEASE READ THIS... DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR THEM UNTIL ALL YOUR PROCEDURES ARE COMPLETE! I had all my teeth removed painlessly there, that is what I gave them..."
- "Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr. Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. E. A. “Tony” Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat), LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery..."
- "I have a 3 year old HP Pavilion DV6T laptop that is a lemon, and I'm having trouble in my dealings with HP. After many online repair sessions and two..."
- "Oh I Tried it alright. Artisan CorporationThe Artisan Experience, Make these highly complex earrings for extra income.Firstly ,I will be astonished if i ever found someone who truly was able..."
- "I have been a loyal customer to TD Bank for about 5 years. I do alot of business online and always charge my debit card for large purchases. 3 months..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."