My husband was denied his long term disability in May without notice. Mike has recurring Pyoderma Gangrenosum, Crohn's Disease, Vascular Disease, and OstoeArthritis. They claim the labs from a colonoscopy 10 months earlier were not current enough. The American Cancer Society states that no one should have a colonoscopy more then once a year. They said they needed labs for the Pyoderma. Their medical encyclopedia states there are no labs for PG.
They have lost medical notes, not returned phone calls from doctors or us, and treated us like we were bums looking for a hand out. They have ignored the diagnosis and prognosis from 3 specialist since November 2009.
The prognosis is amputation of my husbands limb.
They have said that they look for "weight loss" to make sure Crohn's is active.
My husband is 45, he did not want all of this. He paid disability for close to 18 years. He is sick, and the safety net he thought he can rely on has caused him much grief, not helping his conditions.
I received paper work today where they are STILL not recognizing his Crohn's Disease and Pyoderma. ALL the medical notes they have received since April 2008 states Crohn's Disease Pyoderma Gangrensum. They are not even reading his file.
This company is unethical and does not up hold there contractual obligations. I strongly advice any company looking into Cigna to look elsewhere.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Long Term Disability
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "Long story short ,8month ago I started ,the Veneers are horrible ,even my dogs were laughing at me ,I send them back ,send hundreds of emails ,calls ,and nothing ,I..."
- "Woke up twice during wisdom (4) extraction. Never once did the oral surgeon stop/pause until I was out again. I was actually told to be quiet; apparently I was yelling...."
- "ISHRS is a DISGRACE!!International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery is a DISGRACE!! This is a NON-COMMERCIAL posting/website. Any statements I make below are my own opinion. For reasons described below, the..."
- "I have a 3 year old HP Pavilion DV6T laptop that is a lemon, and I'm having trouble in my dealings with HP. After many online repair sessions and two..."
- "Oh I Tried it alright. Artisan CorporationThe Artisan Experience, Make these highly complex earrings for extra income.Firstly ,I will be astonished if i ever found someone who truly was able..."
- "I went to the Dairy Queen in the town where I work and whoever made my ice cream filled it up way too high and admitted when I call them..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- " It is unfortunate that with very few cars, early Sunday afternoon, yet it took 50 min. For my food to come out. Not only was the meat cold, but..."