I have now been a member of Cigna for a few months and have found out that the sales representative lied to me about 2 different items. I signed up for a health and dental plan. The sales representative told me that I would pay 15$ for generic perscriptions and 30$ for name brand. The reality is that generics were in fact low priced but the name brands would cost me full price and Cigna won't cover any of it. Thats a pretty big lie in my book.

Then I found out yesterday that having dental insurance doesn't mean squat. I had a filling pop out and could not eat or drink anything because of the pain. I made an emergency appointment with my dentist only to find out that Cigna doesn't cover emergency's until after 6 months or 12 months. In my mind I have insurance exactly for the reason of emergency's. Again, this is where the sales rep lied to me. I fully understand not covering elective procedures but to not cover emergency procedures, that is absurd. This is a huge lie by the sales representative.

I then called customer service to try and deal with the dental situation and was given the run around and told that the only way I could attempt to get Cigna to cover the procedure was to write an appeal. So let me get this straight, your company lies to me, sells me a bag of goods, and then tells me its my problem and my responsibility to fix? Does this sound like a scam to anyone else? I will be cancelling my policy with Cigna and finding a company that is honest, knows what customer service actually is, and actually provides the services that you pay for.

Review about: Cigna Dental Insurance.

Comments