1.2

My employer offers cigna for health/pharmacy benefits. Since July of 2017, the month it started, Cigna has denied approving my life-saving drug (due to step therapy where they want me to try a different drug and it has to "fail" in helping me before my current drug is partially covered) AND the MD wrote a prescription for the quantity of a testing item I need but Cigna keeps only giving me the amount they want me to have.

My state passed a law that says if a patient has done step therapy before , no matter how many insurers I've had, I NEVER have to try a different drug again....Well, Cigna claimed they knew nothing about the law (12 states have enacted this) and tough cookies. I appealed the denial and sent a copy of the signed law. Thirty days later, I was approved to get this med partially covered. Huh.

As for the pharmacy issue, they keep allowing only a certain quantity of testing items. The MD wrote a prescription and they would ok the quantity, but I had to argue for it. Every month was the same dance. Then, cigna said I had to get preauthorized for the quantity.

So, the MD filled out the forms and called Cigna and Cigna gave her a hard time about it. But it was authorized. I go to get my med and sure enough, Cigna claims I can't have that quantity. So, I called and argued for HALF AN HOUR and was told I was only allowed a certain amount, I don't need pre-auth, and around we go.....Finally, Cigna puts me on hold to speak to the pre-auth dept and VOILA!

I'm magically approved!! Yeah, let's see what happens next month...

This is a game and a farce and Cigna hopes that patients BACK DOWN and just do what they're told. Well, Not this Jersey Girl.......

Review about: Cigna Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Run around for answers, Do not uphold their obligations.

Comments