2.6
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I recently faced a bad experience with Cigna healthcare.

I called Cigna customer care and inquired for an Urgent care address for in-network provider. They instead provided address for emergency room and confirmed copay of $25 for the same. After my treatment, I was shocked to see copay demand of $250. I filed two appeals to rectify this issue caused due to incorrect information. The first appeal was not even read and closed with a vague response. The second appeal was at least read, Cigna accepted their mistake, but still did not reverse the $250 copay to $25 for urgent care.

To avoid messing up my credit history, I finally agreed to pay $250 inspite of their mistake. Now Cigna did one more blunder. I have already paid $250 to the service provider and there is $50 outstanding which Cigna refuses to pay. Not sure if Cigna knows what it is doing and if it understands its own policies well. Their customer service keeps repeating about $250 being my responsibility. I tell I have already paid $250, but they still dont get it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cigna Health Insurance.

I didn't like: Customer service, Poor knowlegde about own products and services.

• copay