2.6
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I recently faced a bad experience with Cigna healthcare.

I called Cigna customer care and inquired for an Urgent care address for in-network provider. They instead provided address for emergency room and confirmed copay of $25 for the same. After my treatment, I was shocked to see copay demand of $250. I filed two appeals to rectify this issue caused due to incorrect information. The first appeal was not even read and closed with a vague response. The second appeal was at least read, Cigna accepted their mistake, but still did not reverse the $250 copay to $25 for urgent care.

To avoid messing up my credit history, I finally agreed to pay $250 inspite of their mistake. Now Cigna did one more blunder. I have already paid $250 to the service provider and there is $50 outstanding which Cigna refuses to pay. Not sure if Cigna knows what it is doing and if it understands its own policies well. Their customer service keeps repeating about $250 being my responsibility. I tell I have already paid $250, but they still dont get it.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $225. This person is overall dissatisfied with Cigna. The most disappointing about cigna health insurance at Cigna was terrible customer service and poor knowlegde about own products and services Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Cigna.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Cigna to other companies on our site.

Comments