My daughter had surgery - she has been denied on two different items as being " not medically necessary".She had ACL surgery in which first she required a CPM rental in which to help her get a range of motion in her knee.

This was denied so I asked the doctor (who is head of orthopedic surgery at Boston Children's). He insisted she would need it so I paid out of pocket. Now she needs a fitted brace in order to protect her knee so she does not re-injure it causing her to have another surgery. Again I am denied.

This brace costs $1,200. If she doesn't get it she could potentially re-injure and have to get an additional surgery.

Upon calling the office, they let me know that Cigna is the worst insurance company for getting claims approved.I am sorry but at my next option I am not taking Cigna no matter how much more money another insurance program will cost me.

Review about: Cigna Health Insurance.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Cigna?

Comments

Quincy, Massachusetts, United States #1356168

well now they denied her PT to once a week and then only until September which is 2 months before she will even have the opportunity to play sports again (assuming she passes a physical test).

Again they deem it not medically necessary and that she can exercise on her own.