My daughter had surgery - she has been denied on two different items as being " not medically necessary". She had ACL surgery in which first she required a CPM rental in which to help her get a range of motion in her knee.

This was denied so I asked the doctor (who is head of orthopedic surgery at Boston Children's). He insisted she would need it so I paid out of pocket. Now she needs a fitted brace in order to protect her knee so she does not re-injure it causing her to have another surgery. Again I am denied.

This brace costs $1,200. If she doesn't get it she could potentially re-injure and have to get an additional surgery.

Upon calling the office, they let me know that Cigna is the worst insurance company for getting claims approved. I am sorry but at my next option I am not taking Cigna no matter how much more money another insurance program will cost me.

Review about: Cigna Health Insurance.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Quincy, Massachusetts, United States #1356168

well now they denied her PT to once a week and then only until September which is 2 months before she will even have the opportunity to play sports again (assuming she passes a physical test).

Again they deem it not medically necessary and that she can exercise on her own.