Raynham, Massachusetts

I'm a former employee of Cigna HealthCare and I wanted to write a review to inform everyone of how horrendous this company actually is.

First of all I want to start with Customer service. The employees that take your calls only receive one week of training, ONE WEEK!

They are forced to answer the calls as quickly as possible. They are told to say whatever they have to to get you off the phone and take the next call. When they inform you that they will "get back to" its ***. You will never receive a call back.

They are not even given the time to research the problem to get an answer for you. Our billing department has about a 30 day backup-meaning you send in your payment and it doesn't post for another 25 days since you mailed it, then you're in danger of being termed for non-pay, chances are it is our fault. When you are told that we have a "5 business day turn-around" thats also a crock. When you fax, or send in something, it will be lost.

If there is a piece of information missing from the form you send in, someone will shred it so they don't have to follow up with you. Most of the employees will do whatever they can to get out of doing work.

It's truly the most repulsive company out there and I feel really sorry for any of you who carry them as your provider.

Comments

Wow thanks/! I almost got cigna health insurance but now knowing this they can go *** themselves after what they have done to everyone.!!!!

CIGNA....."Cost Incurred Get No Assistance"

Dear Jennifer 00, Former Cigna EE, Current EE!!!

To Former Cigna EE & Current EE... CIGNA is the biggest bunch of uncaring idiotis people I have ever had the UNpleasure of dealing with!!! Everytime I call I get the run around! For example! I faxed over my claim to the so called "claims" department. I followed the "RULES" and gave it 5-8 business days to call to confirm the receipt for the fax. NOPE they didn't get it, I should have waiting a little longer... OK. So I waited 2 weeks, I called back!!!!! What happened NOPE they didn't recieve it. At this point 3 weeks had gone by! NOW, what do you "GREAT CIGNA EMPLOYEES" say. "Oh, I'm sorry mame, your going to have to re-fax it because we show no record of this fax" So I aske to speak to a manager... there was alot of reluctance on that but after insisting to speaking to one. I got one. She just yes'ed me to death, requested I fax the claim over to her and she would call me back within 10mins. IT'S BEEN about 5 hours now. So, I call back to speak to her... i get... "I'm sorry, the is for Supervisor that can help you right now. All I can do is send out a request for a supervisor to call you back within 24hours" REALLY!!! Is that all you can do for me! LISTEN you to all you CIGNA employees!!! YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF UNCARING ***!!!

JENNIFER 00!!! After going thru what I just went thru this morning. I completely believe everything that you are stating. It is completely accurate. The employees on the phone just try to get you off the phone as quickly as possible so they can lie to the NEXT poor person on the phone.

So CURRENT EE... I'm not a disgruntled employee!!! I am an UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!! AND CIGNA is a BLOOD SUCKING company!!! Imagine what happens with we don't pay our bill to you on time! OH YA THAT'S RIGHT YOU CANCEL THE POLICY!!!

#19568

SAVON DRUG SRORES

WALLACE PEOPLES AND AFFICAN AMERICAN PHARAMCIOST RAN FOR PUBLIC OFFICE IN THE CITY OF SANTA MONICA AND TOOK AND CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS ==FRON SAVON AND CIGNA AND DISCOLOSED CONFIDENTIAL MEDICIAL RECOREDS UNDER THE BROWN ACT HIPPA LAW VIUOLATES HIS DUTIES AND ROL;ES TO ACTS AS A LISCENED PHARAMIST MY RECORDS OUR PUBLIC RECORD HE SOLD THEM TRUE OR FASLE FOR A VOTE OR 1 DOLAR IT DOESN'T MATTER ALL THAT Matter he is stll liscened at as pharacist at the savon pharmacist in marina del rey savon store in differnt district not zev's yaraslozsky district but either way he satill hold his pharamcy liscene and that i want to make sure he loses for life.

#19566

i don' know some one can cxontacvt me with out cigna knowing about it or the centers for medicares sercvies knowing about it as lie sesecretely awaiting to bombard bill jnaeison with all the medical bills he is legally rewsonsibility to becuse i cAN CROSS EVERY DOT AND EVERT T FOR HIM AND TIE TO INSURNACE FRAUD ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LINE FROM BEING IN CHARGE OF A DISENROLLEMNET TEAM AS LEGAL FINAC IAL ADVISOR AS TH EPUBLIC INQUIRY DATA BASES SAY ON RITE AID AND SAVON DATA BASES DUE NOT FILL PER BILL BILL JAMEISON AND SALLY SHAKE AND TODD EBERSOLE AT CIGNA LEGAL FINACIAL DISENROLLMENT TEAM 8185006276 AND THEY ARE NOT NOT DOCTORS AND THAT IS THE KEY! THYE WERE ACTING AS DOCTORS AND CIGNA OWN WEB SITE SAID THYE THEY PROVIDED FINACIAL INCESSTIVES TO DOCTOORS TO PROVIDE HEALTH CARE!

SO IF BILL JAMEISON IS NOT A DOCTOR AND SALLY SHAKE IS NOT A DOCTOER BUT A CASE MANGER AND TODD EBERSOLE IS ALAWYER THEY WERE COMPLERTERY OUTSIDE THEIR SCOPE OF JOB AND NOW ITS IN THE HANDS OF WARREN BARNES WHO WAS PERSONLLLY REMOVWED FROM THEY CASE AT THE DEPARTMENT OF CORPOARTIONS UNDER GREY DAVIS TO NOT TOUCH THIS CASE. FRAN PAVELY, SENtoer boxer a us senator and feinstein and dion aronwer out of be4rkeerrly who husbAND SEXAULLY ASSUALTED ME BUT WAS THE FORMER DIERECTER OF SEUIU LOCAL 535 INTERNATAL W2HO SUED FOR HER HUSBAND WRONGFUL DICHARGES FROM SEUI INTERNATIONAL BUT THOSE CIGNA CAMPAAING MONMIES GOT HER ELECTED TO HER OFFICES AND EVERY CITY STATE COUNTY AND FEDERAL EMPLOYEE HAS CIGNA AS BENFIT INCLUDING THE SANTA MONICA PLOICA OFFICERS AS WELL AS THE WELFARE CLINTS SO NOW SCHAWTBNETER HANDS RATHER THEN DOING THE RIGHT THING ANND SEUI DOING DOING THE RIGHT THING KEEP LOOKING AWAY BUT KEEP FOOLOWING THE MONIES TRAIL AND KEEP ASKING SE4NATOR KUEL THE QUESTIONS WHO SHE GOT ELCTED BY AND ANTOVITCH AND ZEV YARAZOVSKY ECT YOU KEEP PRESSING THE ISSUE YOU KKEP PUSHING THE ISSIE WITH NEWSPAPER OUT THEIR FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL AND NADINE WOULD NEVER HAVEDIED!

This is for Jennifer00 & Current EE Just wanted to say I had 9 weeks of training or 3 months before I was placed on the phone, So Jennifer00 do get the facts straight you at least had to have 3 weeks of training and they didn't just throw you out there to the wolves! There is a lot of assistance especially with new hirees with all of the information that is high demand!

I was a computerized machine (LOL), and I have to say, as a good employee we did return calls, hello our work was evaluated and audited! I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for CIGNA excellent training lots of great knowledge, the one thing that did irritate me was the micro management that was not pleasant! As far as getting your claim paid let's just say it was a battle and a challenge to get it paid! Just like any other insurance company!

I just like to add those bad employees gave the good rep's a BAD NAME!

Because ultimately it boils down to getting the job done to it's fullest extent on your downtime which they did allow you to do!!! And if you were lazy it reflected upon you as the employee!

I know Cigna only too well, as well as hiding the fact from me for two years I had Lung Cancer.

My card with Cigna said I had to pay a $2.00 co Pay. I am also insured through the Federal employee health benefit program.

Just like the other victim stated in comment # 6.

They wanted to make me pay $60.00 for my perscription when I refused, the pharmacist ran from behind his counter, attacked me,and took the medicine from me, stating this woman is nothing but trouble for our company.

When I threatened to call the police, he took his coat ran away and left the pharmacy. This happened in 1995 in Cignas wholly owned clinic in North Hollywoof California. I will never stop fighting until there is justice in the State of California for Cignas crimes, and I just know that day is coming. I have the written evidence that will surely if there is any justice in this Nation,one day put these crooks in jail hopefully.

I COMISERATE AND ONLY ASK TO TOOK LLOK AT MY MOST RECENT BLOBS BECAUSE I AM KNEW AT BLOP WRTTING AND IAM NOT EVEN SURE I KNOW WHAT IAM DOING BUT I AM TRYING TO ADVOCATE EDCUATE AND GIVE BACK THE DIRTYEEAST STRATEGIEST THAT CHEIF COUNSEL BILL JEMEISON AT GLEDALE TAUGHT WHEN HE WOULD HAVE ME ARRESTEDS FOR TRESSPASSING AT A RITE AT THER INSRUARANCE COUNTER IN SAnta monica just to out spend him in LEGal fees because we already had knowlwdgfe the beverly hill s rites aid public inquiuiry gave me and my criminal attorney a data base that said due not filll per chief legal counsel billl jameison todd ebersoll sally shake disenrollment team call 818 500-6276

I have been getting sicker and sicker though the years. I have Cigna but each time I try to see my doctor of 25 years I get the run around about Cigna not any good or they do not deal with them anymore.

Without getting into detail about my condition, My doctors knows it so does cigna but I feel there are thing that can be done to better my health but I feel like I'm being blackballed for getting old. I am a man of few words but I know when I'm being ripped off, 35 years of paying for health insurance and now I'm just old meat left on the counter to rot........Cigna is a National disgrace I tried for the last time this morning to get an appointment,to no avail!

Testimony Senate Rules Committe Hearing State of California Monday May 12th,1997 at 2.03PM

I have come to share my experiences with you. The Department of Corporations is failing in its regulatory function, and my familys experience illustrates that. And my own personal experience with Cigna Healthcare will illustrate how consumers are being abused, and how the Department of Corporations is turning a blind eye.

My experience with Cigna began with the abuse of my parents, and in turn they perpetrated that abuse against every member of my family. When I was sick and needed a physician they would send me out on an appointment, and I would be humiliated because most often the physician where they sent me was not expecting me. As a result Cigna sent me a letter saying that I could choose my own physician and they would pay for the medical care. They did this once and then they did not pay for the medical care, and I was threatened by collection agencies that I would be sued if I did not pay the bill. Cigna also said that I could choose a doctor of my choice in my place of residence Santa Barbara, and this never happened. Cigna assigned me a dostor in Santa Barbara but when I was sick and wanted to make an appointment and I called the doctor she never returned my calls. When we contacted the doctors office they said they did not work with Cigna anymore, because Cigna would not make referrals when specialists were needed.

Last year I needed specialty care, and during the procedure the doctor said I needed a Biopsy. He had to stop in the middle and get authorization from CIGNA to continue. The doctor said the two procedures were linked and he had never been expected to perform MEDICINE in this way before. After this procedure when I complained to the Department of Corporations about this Cigna denied the accusationsand responded that the doctor was mistaken. Since that time the doctor came forward to his Legislator in Santa Barbara he stated he performed the Biopsy without their authorization,and my account of the incident was correct. The doctor said I needed follow up every 90 days as this was a pre cancerous condition. Cigna said if I needed this specialty care I needed to go through the primary care doctor to make sure I needed it, and they in turn assigned me a primary care Doctor in Santa Maria, not even in the same County, and more that an hour from my residence.

I am a student I go to UC Santa Barbara, and I do not have transportation. It is just not a viable option., and the Department of Corporations instead of assisting me, had the person at Cigna that was responsible for harassing me and obstructing my treatment call me again

I am the daughter of Jo Joshua Godfrey, this is my story that I wrote to legislators when I was 14 years old.

No 14 year old American should have ever had to live through this, and I am going to share it with you..

I am 14 years old and I am a victim of medical malpractice. I am writing to the Congress and the Senate because you need to help the victims of medical malpractice. I was ill, my head hurt and my mom took me to the doctor. I had frequent nose bleeds and bad headaches. I think this started in the end of 1992 or early 1993.

They said I was okay, and I remember one doctor was so mean to my mom and me; she didn’t even want to talk about it. She said it was all in my head, that I was okay. 1993 and 1994 were not good years in my life. I was unhappy. My mom was always sick, always in bed coughing, always going to CIGNA getting medicine, always too tired. My mom was not the same mom any more; my head hurt on and off, and I tired not to bother my mom as I could see how ill she was. She was always depressed, always crying, and always moody and coughing. I would yell at her to shut up at night and she kept us all awake, now I feel bad.

In February 1994, I was depressed, my head was hurting, and I took pills from the medicine cabinet, it wasn’t the first time I did this, but my mom was sick she didn’t even notice. Each time I took more and one day my mom came in to wake me up and I wouldn’t get up, I was too tired. My mom said that’s it, get dressed; we are going to CIGNA right away. I went there and CIGNA doctors saw me. They sent me to a mental health place and neither of these two places even knew what I had done. My mom walked me about and I told her what I ad done.

Later that day she said how could she live if I died. My mom cried because she was so tired she blamed herself because she

wasn’t doing enough. I made my mom a promise not to do this again.

My mom called CIGNA and got upset about how they failed to see I had tried to kill myself, asking them what kind of doctors they were. My mom screamed so much they agreed to give me a complete physical. At the physical in early March, we complained so much about my head they agreed to do scans of my head. This went on for about two and a half months, one scan after another, and finally the doctor said I needed to have my sinus washed out, that was in the end of May. My mom asked if this was urgent, did it need to be done right away, the doctor answered it was not urgent. My mom said we would have it done in the summer vacation.

From May to August, my mom got very ill. She went to the doctor and they put her on disability for 6 weeks. In the middle of July, I had a dream that my mom had lung cancer and she was going to die.

My mom got very upset when I told her this. By the beginning of August, my mom sent me to Ireland for one month to visit my grandparents. When I came back from Ireland in the end of August, our home was in an uproar, for 2 weeks CIGNA had refused to give my mom all her x-rays telling her they were lost. She had just got them and it showed she had the lung cancer for almost 2 years. My mom had an operation and 20% of her lung was removed. She had a carcinoid tumor. When my mom was in the hospital, the surgeon told my step-dad he was not well either. It ended up that CIGNA refused to release my step-dad’s records for 2 weeks. When they went to an outside doctor, CIGNA had been treating him for asthma; he really has a very advanced case of COPD and had something on his left lung like my mom had.

We went and got the records for all our family. When we saw mine, and we went to an outside doctor, after going outside doctors I know now what the difference is between a real doctor and a CIGNA doctor is, and I hope maybe one day I’ll get to tell you all about that.

I had a problem where the bone was being destroyed, where the bone was pushing through the orbit, and the doctor said my eye would have been pushed out. I had my surgery at Cedar-Sinai.

1995 is not much better that 1993 as there seems to be no justice for all these things that CIGNA did to us. We want to get the laws changed so no one will ever have to suffer like this again. CIGNA abuses our family to this very day. They make my mom cry for hours and I hope you will let me tell you all about this too. CIGNA should also know if my parents die, where will I go, and what will happen to my brother and sisters? I’m an American, and when I grow up, I don’t want to live here. I want to move to where people are good and kind. I’ll move to Ireland.

Now I am 28 Years old. However it is pretty sad that any family would have had to suffer this way, and these crooks and swindlers escaped punishment in the State of California.

This is for Jennifer00. I don't know where you worked for CIGNA but the employees receive between 8 to 12 weeks of training before taking calls. Please get your facts straight - otherwise you are just a disgruntled employee

Twelve years ago I fought for my life with this same Glendale Cigna. Back in those days they owned and operated 29 wholly owned health Clinics where they employed the doctors. I did not stop fighting until these Clinics were quietly closed down.

I had Lung Cancer, they documented in my file, I was neither a candidate for Surgery, nor was I a candidate for follow up. In other words they put me on Disability and sent me home to die.

They made me suffer for two years, lying to me I was well, when all the time they knew I had Lung Cancer.

I fought, went to Doctors outside their system, and all these Doctors recommended immediate Surgery. I had the surgery, and I survived.

All this just to save a BUCK.

When I was leaving the hospital the Surgeon told us, the cancer was very rare only in 1 percent of all cases would it originate in the Lung. He advised my family Cigna was not going to want to pay for the treatment needed. So he said he was going to document in my Hospital file all the things I would need so I could fight to get it.

The Cigna Medical Director, documented in my file theTumor was removed it was benign, and all I would need would be a follow up xray.

I stood outside this same Glendale based Cigna in a Hospital Gown fighting to live, as they would not return my calls. Instead of letting me get treatment they met me with their Lawyers, and their Risk manager.

My father was with me,and so was my husband, my Father I will never forget told their Risk Manager, if they do not let me get the necessary treatment, he would take him and throw him from the fifth floor Window out on to the street.

The Newspapers came to my aid, and after my story was published CIGNA only then agreed to pay for the treatment needed.

Please believe me, when I say these people are CRIMINALS, and I have the evidence to prove it.

Cigna, must be held accountible for its CRIMES against humanity.

Pretty damed sad this is happening in AMERICA, and nothing is being done about it.

Cigna Reviews