Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Cigna is by far the worst insurance I've ever had. I've had an MRI denied by Cigna and their 3rd party "advanced imagery approver" Evicore 4 times over the last 13 months and a week.

These requests were made by my family internal medicine doctor, an orthopedic surgeon and two Chiropractors that I've went to as I was told I had to do "alternative treatment". I've had a total of 40 physical therapy or chiropractic appointments and still got denied. Many x-rays have been done that do show narrowing between discs in my lower cervical spine and a well defined calcium deposit or bone spur likely due to degeneration. My left arm is numb and tingles all the way to my finger tips most of the time and I can't hardly sleep because I can't seem to stay in a comfortable spot.

My doctors are concerned about permanent nerve damage. I'm just a naive patient and thought MRI's were thousands of dollars but after all the fighting and time spend on the phone with Cigna I called a local radiology clinic and found that I can get this MRI done for $600. I've scheduled the appointment and even though I don't want to be a party to any lawsuit, spend the time or money on attorneys, etc. I plan to bring a lawsuit against Cigna to recover at least the cost of the MRI and probably additionally the time away from work for all of the alternative treatment appointments and anything else like the hours spent on the phone talking to customer service reps with zero authority, that the law firm I consulted with can come up with.

I'm only doing this because I feel Cigna badly mistreated me, I know they mistreat others and it's the right thing to do. They can't be allowed to get away with this type of complete disregard for their insured clients best interests in their health, someone should go to prison!

Preferred solution: CEO spends time in Prison.

I liked: Some of the people seemed to care a little bit.

I didn't like: You will never be allowed to speak to anyone with any authority.

Comments