Recently I had a dosage change in my insulin, and unfortunately at the same time dropped and broke my second-to-last bottle of insulin. Since it's a maintenance med, it's only covered by insurance if I get it through Cigna home delivery.

And pricey - retails at $293 for one vial, which will last me 8-9 days. And the best Cigna Home Delivery can do is for me to pay $17 and change for overnight delivery.... but they have NO process to expedite orders, so it's still 7-10 BUSINESS days (that's 2 weeks) before it can be shipped because according to the home delivery department it's a "new" prescription. At the same time, according to Cigna Health Insurance, it's not a "new" prescription - if it was, I would be allowed to refill twice at a local retail pharmacy while I'm waiting for Cigna Home Delivery's snail's pace service.

Will be looking once again at the non-Cigna options for insurance during my employer's enrollment period later this year. And probably having to cough up another $293 for a second vial because in my experience, 7-10 business days with Cigna Home Delivery usually means 3 weeks.

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery at Cigna. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Cigna to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Cigna and cigna prescription refill for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments