I have been a very happy Cigna customer for over 11 years, until today. We moved our business in September of 07.

With everything going on and the 100's of people I had to notify, I forgot Cigna. I suppose I didn't forget, I assumed our broker, who I notified would do that. He didn't. I get a letter in the mail on Dec.

6th stating that our insurance was cancelled on Nov. 17th due to lack of payment. I called and spoke to the person at the end of their 1-800 # and explained that I hadn't gotten a statement. I'm one of those who relies on statements to pay my bills.

Go figure. They told me not a problem and to fax in my new address to the company. Which I did. I was notified today, by an "Ashley" that we were not reinstated because they had the correct address on file.

At first it didn't occur to me until I went to the post office to find out why they hadn't forwarded the Cigna information along with other items. I had given them the correct address the week before. I called her back and the reply was that they may have the right address on file now, but I should know when my premiums are due. No reinstatment.

Harsh and unusally cruel punishment.

I will never ever go back to Cigna after being treated so poorly.

Review about: Cigna Health Insurance.

Comments

Okay so you went to see crappy doctors. And how is this the insurance companys fault again?

You dont go to CIGNA to see a doctor, you go to the hospital to see a doctor. Maybe you should have reported those doctors to the medical board.

Insurance companies do not take Xrays or keep them on file. I think you are full of it.

Then that is your retard fault that your insurance got canceled not CIGNA's.Why blame them when you cannot even remember to pay your bills? And for another thing, you do not pay your insurance premiums to the insurance carrier.

You pay them to your employer.

So thank them for not updating your address with CIGNA and for not sending you a statement. And thank yourself for being so dumb as to not pay your premium.

Decatur, Mississippi, United States #4108

I think you should thank God CIGNA cancelled your insurance, this is what they did to my family

I am the daughter of Jo Joshua Godfrey, this is my story that I wrote to legislators when I was 14 years old. No 14 year old American should have ever had to live through this, and I am going to share it with you..

I am 14 years old and I am a victim of medical malpractice. I am writing to the Congress and the Senate because you need to help the victims of medical malpractice. I was ill, my head hurt and my mom took me to the doctor. I had frequent nose bleeds and bad headaches. I think this started in the end of 1992 or early 1993.

They said I was okay, and I remember one doctor was so mean to my mom and me; she didn’t even want to talk about it. She said it was all in my head, that I was okay. 1993 and 1994 were not good years in my life. I was unhappy. My mom was always sick, always in bed coughing, always going to CIGNA getting medicine, always too tired. My mom was not the same mom any more; my head hurt on and off, and I tired not to bother my mom as I could see how ill she was. She was always depressed, always crying, and always moody and coughing. I would yell at her to shut up at night and she kept us all awake, now I feel bad.

In February 1994, I was depressed, my head was hurting, and I took pills from the medicine cabinet, it wasn’t the first time I did this, but my mom was sick she didn’t even notice. Each time I took more and one day my mom came in to wake me up and I wouldn’t get up, I was too tired. My mom said that’s it, get dressed; we are going to CIGNA right away. I went there and CIGNA doctors saw me. They sent me to a mental health place and neither of these two places even knew what I had done. My mom walked me about and I told her what I ad done.

Later that day she said how could she live if I died. My mom cried because she was so tired she blamed herself because she

wasn’t doing enough. I made my mom a promise not to do this again.

My mom called CIGNA and got upset about how they failed to see I had tried to kill myself, asking them what kind of doctors they were. My mom screamed so much they agreed to give me a complete physical. At the physical in early March, we complained so much about my head they agreed to do scans of my head. This went on for about two and a half months, one scan after another, and finally the doctor said I needed to have my sinus washed out, that was in the end of May. My mom asked if this was urgent, did it need to be done right away, the doctor answered it was not urgent. My mom said we would have it done in the summer vacation.

From May to August, my mom got very ill. She went to the doctor and they put her on disability for 6 weeks. In the middle of July, I had a dream that my mom had lung cancer and she was going to die.

My mom got very upset when I told her this. By the beginning of August, my mom sent me to Ireland for one month to visit my grandparents. When I came back from Ireland in the end of August, our home was in an uproar, for 2 weeks CIGNA had refused to give my mom all her x-rays telling her they were lost. She had just got them and it showed she had the lung cancer for almost 2 years. My mom had an operation and 20% of her lung was removed. She had a carcinoid tumor. When my mom was in the hospital, the surgeon told my step-dad he was not well either. It ended up that CIGNA refused to release my step-dad’s records for 2 weeks. When they went to an outside doctor, CIGNA had been treating him for asthma; he really has a very advanced case of COPD and had something on his left lung like my mom had.

We went and got the records for all our family. When we saw mine, and we went to an outside doctor, after going outside doctors I know now what the difference is between a real doctor and a CIGNA doctor is, and I hope maybe one day I’ll get to tell you all about that.

I had a problem where the bone was being destroyed, where the bone was pushing through the orbit, and the doctor said my eye would have been pushed out. I had my surgery at Cedar-Sinai.

1995 is not much better that 1993 as there seems to be no justice for all these things that CIGNA did to us. We want to get the laws changed so no one will ever have to suffer like this again. CIGNA abuses our family to this very day. They make my mom cry for hours and I hope you will let me tell you all about this too. CIGNA should also know if my parents die, where will I go, and what will happen to my brother and sisters? I’m an American, and when I grow up, I don’t want to live here. I want to move to where people are good and kind. I’ll move to Ireland.

Now I am 28 Years old. However it is pretty sad that any family would have had to suffer this way, and these crooks and swindlers escaped punishment in the State of California.