Lakeshire, Missouri
Insurance Plans Acceptance

My husband was in a car accident and went to an urgent care that night. They said everything seems fine, here are some meds, have a nice day.

Two days later, pain in his back is getting worse so he calls his doctor and gets seen by him the next day. Urgent care sends over the X-ray "notes" and the doctor says "I don't think it's nothing, let's get a clearer picture". He send him for an MRI. An hour before he was supposed to go in, the dr.

Office calls and tells us they got a call from Cigna saying they won't cover this. I call them and they tell me that he has to have an MRI first. I explain that he did that already. However, because urgent care didn't have the actual report just the notes, they wouldn't pay for it.

Fine! He goes in for ANOTHER X-ray and the doctor sees clear damage to 2nd and 3rd lumbar vertebrae. He orders the MRI again and we wait. We get a call from the doctor and they say that Cigna has denied him again!

I call again and after an hour on the phone they tell me that he has to have 6 WEEKS of physical therapy before they will approve anyone. I can't believe it. We are screwed. He can't wait 6 weeks and there is no way he can go through physical therapy with clear damage to his spine.

We have an appointment at the imaging place and we have to pay $2899 out of pocket for the MRI that Cigna is refusing to cover. A horrible, horrible company.

We have been with them for a year and paid more then 6 MRI's combined and we got 0 respect or courtesy. Now I am scared that if the doctor says he needs surgery, they'll deny that too.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Cigna. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Cigna to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Cigna and cigna health insurance for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments