I am a 47 year old woman. I worked as a full time pharmacist for 23 years.

I had a successful career and recieved awards and bonuses. Ironically I recieved a midyear bonus right before I told my supervisor I had chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. I had gone out for short term disability to recover my heatl, but Cigna has refused to pay anything at all not 1 penny- Very reluctantly I decided to go out on permanant disability because I literally could not get up to go to work on time. After 3pm I would collapse- I must sleep 4 to 5 hours in the middle of each day due to exhaustion.

I rarely go out at night anymore and if I do I must rest 2 or more hours in bed first. I was diagnosed with Hashimotto's thyroiditis, fibromyalgia , chronic fatigue (depression and anxiety) Cigna has just focused on the depression and anxiety which did not occur until after I had been living in pain and exhaustion for ove 3 years. If I go out for depression Cigna will only have to pay me 60 % of my salary for 2 years ( to all the depressed people out there I do think this should be made illegal but unfortunately this loophole still exhist) Cigna has totally ignored everthing but the depression. I am 47 years old and have previously had no hx of depression.

It is obviously a direct result of my illness and the loss of 100,000 per year loss of income. I tried to sell my house - no luck- Thank God my husband has a good job and insurance becuase Cigna tells me I am not disabled my workplace, dropped my insurance. They sent out a letter on September 30,2011 , Telling me my insurance ended October 1st. I have 2 children an older son adopted from South Korea and a younger son who has been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.

I have an attorney- I am sure Cigna will keep this out of court so as to not set a precident for fibromyalgia chronic fatigue- I have 4 doctors who agree, and I had the financial ability to fight. I was able to pay for a national expert on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I have a friend from England who has told me this is myalgic encephalitis and I have read foriegn websites that understand about this disease. Unfortunately the US is a little slow- Wake up people.

I am disgusted with this country right now.

I told my attorney they can investigate everything about me, I am so clean I squeak and was always a good citizen. I know this case wil settle and I will have to sign a confidentiality agreement- I can only ask that someone who is wealthy gets this and is able to let it go to trial-

Review about: Cigna Disability Insurance.

Comments

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about all of the issues you have had with us, as well, as health problems. I would be more than happy to assist you through this difficult time. If you could please send me an email to LetUsHelpU@cigna.com I can get started on getting this resolved.

Ann

to CIGNAQuestions #643053

That sounds like the EXACT same LOAD OF ***, your people told me ANN. AND I did send email to your LetUsHelpU@cigna.com WHAT A LOAD OF ***! ALL they did was say they were looking into it. I NEVER HEARD ANOTHER THING FROM THEM AFTER REPEATED REQUESTS! :(

IN MY OPINION YOU PEOPLE ARE NO BETTER THAN CRIMINALS!MY DOCTORS AND MY EMPLOYER KNOW I CAN NOT PERFORM ANY OF MY JOB FUNCTIONS BUT THE @@$##HOLES AT CIGNA SAID THERE WAS NO REASON I COULD NOT WORK! :(

CIGNA SUCKS *** IN MY OPINION>>>WORTHLESS BUNCH OF CROOKS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL POSTER..I AM YET ANOTHER PERSON YOU *** HAVE SCREWED!!!! GET A CONSCIENCE< HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT WORKING FOR THIS MONSTER!?!??!?!?!??!??!?