To whom it may concern,

This letter is to document fraud that occurred with my health care insurance on December 30, 2015. I had private CIGNA PPO health insurance for approximately the last 5 years. I had un-ethical and illegal experiences with them that prompted this letter.

This year I switched to a private Blue Shield Silver PPO plan. CIGNA called me on December 30, 2014 and I had a 30-minute conversation with a CIGNA representative. I was told this was required to cancel my plan. At the end of the conversation the rep asked me if I was willing to disclose which provider I had switched to. I obliged and told him Blue Shield. Presently my current Blue Shield Card has not come. My agent informed me on January 12, 2015 that I had called Blue Shield on December 30, 2014 and canceled my policy. I did no such thing. The coincidence of the matching dates, along with the following experience, leads both myself, and my insurance agent to the conclusion that CIGNA canceled my Blue Shield policy. I have reported this to Blue Shield. Blue Shield states they have me recorded cancelling my policy. I know the only insurance representative I spoke to was claiming to represent CIGNA. I can only conclude CIGNA may have used my recording to cancel my Blue Shield policy. Meanwhile all of my medical expenses are coming out of my own pocket. I am a full time college student at Cal State Fullerton and a part-time waitress. I have an autoimmune disease I am managing and I need my medicine, which CIGNA had denied me access to.

Several months ago in September 2104, I was scheduled for an MRI on my neck at Hoag Imaging Center in Huntington Beach. CIGNA called me and asked if I would switch locations to a different imaging center to save money. I agreed under the stipulation that the MRI would be scheduled within the same time frame and not be prolonged to a later date. CIGNA could not get it scheduled in time, but scheduled it anyways, and then called Hoag imaging center and tried to cancel my original appointment for me. Luckily Hoag did not let them cancel my original appointment because they were not authorized. The Hoag Imaging center was shocked that CIGNA would try to cancel an appointment on my behalf, thus forcing me to wait to have the MRI to save money.

I feel CIGNA has overstepped their boundaries and further believe they have committed fraud by cancelling my current policy. I know all calls are monitored and I did not cancel my policy with Blue Shield. I hope CIGNA will be held accountable. This letter is a formal complaint to document and inform the authorities on this matter. No insurance company should be allowed to treat anyone this way. Thank you for you time.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of cigna health insurance and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. Cigna needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cigna health insurance in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cigna.

Comments