Due to a paperwork issue, my yearly deductible with Cigna should have been cut in half at the end of March 2016 due to a change in dependents but was not. Then I had an accident in April involving emergency services. When medical bills started coming in that May, I tried to resolve the issue with Cigna to have medical claims paid. Both I and my HR department have contacted Cigna each time receiving a different reason why the claims could not be paid.

Excuse 1: I should have the provider submit again. Those claims were ejected claims as a duplicates.

Excuse 2: It was an out of network cost. No, it was an emergency and Cigna is supposed to cover emergencies regardless of network.

Excuse 3: We have to conduct a deductible review which takes 48 hours. I've had two of those with no response from Cigna regarding the outcome.

Excuse 4: We have to run the claims through our department again which takes four weeks. Four weeks later I call back and am told another deductible review is required.

Cigna phone support can neither provide a direct e-mail nor phone extension for the claims department.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of cigna medical claim. Cigna needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cigna medical claim in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cigna.

Comments