Due to a paperwork issue, my yearly deductible with Cigna should have been cut in half at the end of March 2016 due to a change in dependents but was not. Then I had an accident in April involving emergency services. When medical bills started coming in that May, I tried to resolve the issue with Cigna to have medical claims paid. Both I and my HR department have contacted Cigna each time receiving a different reason why the claims could not be paid.

Excuse 1: I should have the provider submit again. Those claims were ejected claims as a duplicates.

Excuse 2: It was an out of network cost. No, it was an emergency and Cigna is supposed to cover emergencies regardless of network.

Excuse 3: We have to conduct a deductible review which takes 48 hours. I've had two of those with no response from Cigna regarding the outcome.

Excuse 4: We have to run the claims through our department again which takes four weeks. Four weeks later I call back and am told another deductible review is required.

Cigna phone support can neither provide a direct e-mail nor phone extension for the claims department.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cigna Medical Claim.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments