Cigna is without a doubt the worst possible health insurance company in the US.

I am affected by many health problems, including Turner Syndrome, Diabetes (insulin requiring), Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis. Cigna has been horrible in their discharge in their responsibility.

The last straw for me, and MANY of my co workers here in NYC is that Cigna does not reimburse their providers competitively. Because of this, just this week of my doctors and the major hospital that they use have DROPPED Cigna, while I'm undergoing complex treatment for my arthritis. This has caused considerable hardship for me. My employer has been sensitive and kind enough to allow a switch to Oxford which is a godsend.

I have also had endless problems with TEL DRUG, which has sent me the wrong amounts of the wrong medicines. Dealing with them has been an endless headache, requiring the intercession of my company's benefits coordinator.

Apparently Cigna is being sued because they denied a liver transplant to Nataline Sarkisyan, and there will possible be criminal charges filed of manslaughter. I say to the lawyer GO FOR IT. It's time to hold these unconsionable, greedy companies with their heartless CEO bean counters accountable.

Lynne

Review about: Cigna Health Insurance.

Comments

CIGNA, like most healtcare companies have this thing called contracts with the doctors. The doctors sign the contracts stating that this is how much they will be reimbursed.

If the doctors are not being reimbursed correctly then it is their fault for signing the contract to begin with and for not reading it correctly. Duh.

Bloomingdale, Michigan, United States #14003