WE have experienced numerous problems with Cigna concerning payment for services that are covered by their preventative health provisions in our policy, The coverage cost me well over $12,000 a year. My wife went for her annual mammography and we were billed full fee for the ultrasound that was part of the exam.

When we inquired about this Cigna stated that it was an emergency request and not covered. Later in the year we had to go for our first colonscopy and both my wife and I were billed for the pre-visit and the exam. In my case they said my visit was an emergency visit. Cigna is following a practice to ensure that the company does not pay for claims by refusing to pay for rightful claims while the consumer begins to receive collection notices during the period of fighting Cigna.

Do not go to Cigna for medical insurance coverage. In the meantime we have filled a claim with the state of Connecticut Consumer protection agency.

Comments

cigna HAS DELAYED PAYMENT OF MED CLAIM FOE 6 MONTHS, CIGNA OPERATORS OF NO HELP, WORST INSURANCE CO I HAVE EVER DELT WITH

Cigna did not pay claims in 2010 and now I am going to collections. They have no phone access, the email address is bogus, the mailing address is a p. o. box and registered mail cannot be sent to it. The fax number accepts but does not reply How do I get in contact with these people? Social security doesn't know how to contact them either!

Frustrated in Ojai

they should have posted the complaint 10 times! Cigna is Satan. They deny legitimate claims to stay profitable and people are dying as a result.

I encourage to file a complaint with your state insurance commissioner. Let the insurance commissioner of your state deal with them.

Let Cigna know you are filing the complaint. They may be more helpful.:)

Cigna is horrible insurance. They have no problem taking outrageous premiums but don't pay bills.

They are the worst right now. I hope other insurances don't follow them.

Keningau, Sabah, Malaysia #267056

And you found it necessary to post this complaint TWICE? WTF?