I have catastrophic tinnitus and have been unable to work for the past four years. I have diagnoses from my EMT, Gp, neurologist, audiologist, acupuncturist and others.

All are in agreement that I am not fit to work. Cigna has rejected my claim and then ultimately approved it after a nine month battle for my last two appeals. Once an independent medical review team is called in, which takes 6 to 9 months, my case has been approved. Then Cigna in as little as three months can review the case and again decline coverage.

Each time I spend thousands in legal bills to challenge the denial. Given the catastrophic nature of the condition and the exhaustive paperwork filed, Cigna ultimately has paid. Their behavior is driven by cost savings and excluding clients such as myself who are disabled. My only advice in dealing with CIGNA is hire yourself a lawyer immediately even before you filing your first claim.

Expect that they search for anyway to keep from paying, including perhaps waiting for you to die. This company should be shut down. Its practices are egregious and injurious to those who have paid for disability and receive little but grief in return. If you have any choice in your disability insurance company, do NOT choose Cigna.

The mafia probably offers better coverage. My case has just been denied for the third time.

If I could sue these b.....s into bankruptcy I would be happy to do so. They deserve no less.

This person wrote the review about Cigna. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Cigna to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Cigna and cigna disability insurance for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments