I pay for short term disability through employer payroll deduction. My disability rate is $1,221.19 per week per employer.

Cigna is only paying me $117.00 per. I applied for California state disability online but my doctor does not certify online thus requiring me to wait for the State to send me blank med certification to take to my doctor. Adjuster was advised of this and I requested my full benefit from Cigna and I would sign an agreement to reimburse Cigna $1,104.00 per week when the state pays me disability. Adjuster told me in a 3 person telephone conference call that Cigna does not do this.

I demanded a copy of my policy. Policy allows Cigna to pay my full benefit if I show proof of applying for state disability and if I sign an agreement to reimburse Cigna.

This appears to be bad claims handling practice.

This reviewer shared experience about "bad claims handling practice" and wants this business to "pay benefit per contract with interest and penalty or i will take legal action". This person is overall dissatisfied with Cigna. The most disappointing about cigna disability insurance at Cigna was no accountability Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Cigna.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Cigna to other companies on our site.

Comments