Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

This all ties back to my pissedconsumer review of CARECENTRIX on 7/3/18.

I need a 4 wheel rollator to help me get around because I have arthritis in both knees.

I called Cigna to make sure I was covered and they told me I was. Cigna also informed me they have a "middleman" "roadblock" called CARECENTRIX who would handle the coordination of getting my 4 wheel rollator.

I had my doctor write a prescription for a bariatric rollator. I didn't have a model in mind but I figured I would get something decent.

CARECENTRIX had Apria Medical locate a 30 pound, heavy, bulky rollator for me. One I couldn't possibly lift to put in my car trunk.

I told Apria I didn't want the bulky rollator and they cancelled the order. Before I hung up with Apria they told me if I didn't want something so heavy and cumbersome that I would need to be specific, go on line, locate the rollator I wanted and have my doctor write a revised prescription.

I called Cigna AND CARECENTRIX and they both confirmed I needed to have my doctor put a specific model, part number on the revised prescription.

All of the above started in may 2018

On August 10, 2018, I was notified By Cigna/CARECENTRIX that my 4 wheel rollator was denied and sent me a denial letter.

I am fighting this and wrote a long letter to appeal their decision. It was Cigna/Carecentr/Apria who told me to select a specific model number, model name and I was still denied.

I am so disappointed with Cigna, CARECENTRIX and Apria for lying to me and giving me bad information.

It's been going on 4 months and walking, standing on my bad knees is painful and it's difficult to get around my apartment. I am reduced to using two walking canes to balance myself and to even out the weight on my knees.

The rollator I want costs around $200.00. Cigna is acting like I'm asking for a $50,000 rollator. Wtf Sarcastic

Preferred solution: I want the rollator I requested and Cigna pay for it.

I didn't like: Authorization process is ridiculous, Do not uphold their obligations, Run around for answers.

Comments