Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Cigna Behavioral Health not paying claims

I have resubmitted my bills for psychotherapy services three times now. Every time I get told there is a 21 to 30 day wait to get paid. These bills are for services from January of 2011 performed in good faith and sanctioned by the company. I billed a code that I was told would be paid. My bills are now getting rejected for billing that same code and am told that billing code is antiquated. I feel that this is a purposeful method to delay paying and to keep cash within the company. How can I pay my bills when I am not compensated for fair and reasonable services? Angry and frustrated here.

Its not negligent, and our legislator knows they have been doing it for years. That is why they have no license in California to operate those clinics that abused people back in the 1990. You can read what people suffered and fought to correct on pissed consumer here.

Cigna Health Care - CIGNA-THIS SHOULD BE A CRIME

I am in disbelief of how negligent this insurance company has historically been. I was trying to advocate for a patient who was checking monthly with cigna on whether coverage was still in place; as her estraged husband may or may not have been paying the premiums.

Cigna representatives contined to tell this patient that her plan appeared active on the system. The parient and her children continued to re eive all medical and mental health care only to find out almost 3 months later that their system was not updated but her plan had termed a few months before.

Now Cigna is washing their hands of any responsibility and is making the patient pay them back all the claims covered for those months their system was not updated. This js going public to the state assembly and board of insurance.

Posting just to affirm that in 2013 Cigna Behavioral continues their antics. Slow to process.

Nothing online in the name of customer privacy. Seeking every reason to reject a form until there are no remaining faults that they can possibly find.

Anyone in the most dire need of their assistance would not get help because it takes a pretty healthy and tenacious person to get anything through them. I am concerned that they are specifically taking advantage of a vulnerable population.

Jeyden

I totally understand. I am with Horizon and they just did the same thing to me.

I switched to their zero premium plan, which boosted my co-pay by $10 month. I recently received a notification that they are investigating my need for treatment.

I've been with them for three years since I received Medicare and there has been no problem. All of a sudden, they want to know why I am there and have withheld paying their portion of the office visit.

I think if people went to the board of insurance in their state it would help.

Cigna has denied my outpatient mental health claims several times in a row. I haven't yet found out why.

My therapist is in the network. She prepares her bills to them on a form - '1500' - with great care. She mails them in - but often even after repeat denials for payment - and second round of faxing - they claim they never got them.

Cigna finds a way to deny payment by varied Greased Pig tactics. These consist of: behavioral health division insists the issue is on the medical side, or behavioral health division sends therapist returned claims with computer generated letter informing her she has not entered the patient's address accurately (alas, my name and address is clearly typed, always there in full sight).

No amount of logic in talking with customer service works - they can't find the alleged claims -- Greased Pig tactic wins!!

My therapy involves hour long calls to the CIGNA customer service trying to appeal to anyone to take some accountability.

Last I checked the CEO of this company made well over eight figures. He knows what he is doing right.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cigna. They just denied treatment that my child's doctors and school officials say she needs in order to be safe and not hurt herself or others. On Thursday, they said I could file an appeal and when I tried to, I was told the treatment facility filed one so I'M NOT ALLOWED TO as that option has been "exhausted." These people are criminals.

View more comments (6)
Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna review in Stone Mountain, Georgia: Restriction of trade!!!

Update by user Apr 01, 2011

Cigna Health care racks up more consumer complaints in Georgia than any other company according to the Atlanta Business Journal!

Original review posted by user Apr 01, 2011

Cigna's compounding pharmacy that we are FORCED to use is a joke. They don't even have melatonin! I have been waiting for 5 days for my prescriptions. Each time I call I am told they will be sent out by overnight mail so I have them the next day and today after calling them myself each day and my doctor's office spending 2 afternoons on the phone with them I am told that 3 of my 5 prescriptions they don't compound!!! Surely they new that 12 days ago when the order was placed. These people are a joke and the company is hazardous to our health. I want my prescriptions compounded by someone I know and trust and I would like to support my local economy not be forced to use a mail order pharmacist.
Loss

Cigna does not pay medical insurance claims

WE have experienced numerous problems with Cigna concerning payment for services that are covered by their preventative health provisions in our policy, The coverage cost me well over $12,000 a year. My wife went for her annual mammography and we were billed full fee for the ultrasound that was part of the exam. When we inquired about this Cigna stated that it was an emergency request and not covered. Later in the year we had to go for our first colonscopy and both my wife and I were billed for the pre-visit and the exam. In my case they said my visit was an emergency visit. Cigna is following a practice to ensure that the company does not pay for claims by refusing to pay for rightful claims while the consumer begins to receive collection notices during the period of fighting Cigna. Do not go to Cigna for medical insurance coverage. In the meantime we have filled a claim with the state of Connecticut Consumer protection agency.

cigna HAS DELAYED PAYMENT OF MED CLAIM FOE 6 MONTHS, CIGNA OPERATORS OF NO HELP, WORST INSURANCE CO I HAVE EVER DELT WITH

Cigna did not pay claims in 2010 and now I am going to collections. They have no phone access, the email address is bogus, the mailing address is a p. o. box and registered mail cannot be sent to it. The fax number accepts but does not reply How do I get in contact with these people? Social security doesn't know how to contact them either!

Frustrated in Ojai

they should have posted the complaint 10 times! Cigna is Satan. They deny legitimate claims to stay profitable and people are dying as a result.

I encourage to file a complaint with your state insurance commissioner. Let the insurance commissioner of your state deal with them.

Let Cigna know you are filing the complaint. They may be more helpful.:)

Cigna is horrible insurance. They have no problem taking outrageous premiums but don't pay bills.

They are the worst right now. I hope other insurances don't follow them.

And you found it necessary to post this complaint TWICE? WTF?

View more comments (4)
Review
After submitting a claim as directed by Cigna and being told it would be 15 days, we have been through several phone calls and and several supervisors and still keep getting told it is being re-submitted due to Cigna not handling it correctly the first time (so no...

My father was injured out of state, my mother had the sense to call Cigna and get approval for the ER visit. They returned instate and proceeded to go to all doctors appointment necessary to have surgery, which was needed.

Now Cigna is refusing to pay the bill....WTF if wrong with this company?

they will gladly take money from your paycheck, but refuse to pay out on a justified surgery claim. :( buf

Cigna Customer Care

Cigna won't pay claims even though you pay for the insurance. They violate our rights to privacy by

Cigna healthcare is practicing fraud. They take money for premuums but won't pay claims or answer questions posed by plan holders. They require you to take health quizzes on confidential issues regarding your health and Force you to talk to some bogus health coach even you are perfectly healthy to earn incentives to pay your claims otherwise they pay NOTHING. They also violate HIPPA by not being able to tell you where your confidential health information is going. This is a dangerous practice as consumers don't know where their information is going and the company refuses or can't tell you. Are they using information against employees by giving information about healthcare uses to employers??? Who knows??? This is illegal and unconstitutional. This company should be investigated and made accountable for all the premiums that are paid and forced to repay legitimate claims for our health care. If there are lawyers out there this would be a GREAT lawsuit against CIGNA. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with . I would encourge others to complain to your senators and ask for an investigation of this fraudulant company!!

I have the exact same issue here!!! I hate the Health Coach ***!! I find it disgusting that they pull this!

I had a heartattack 4 years ago. My heartdr.

Put me on5 medicines crestor is the main one. My company just switched to cigna and.they wont cover crestor. They are trying to put me on a generic lipotor i cant take that!!!

Why wont they cover what the dr. Wants me to take??

View more comments (1)
Cigna Health Insurance

CIGNA FSA - really bad quality service

It takes 4-5 business days to RECEIVE reimbursement request sent by FAX!!!!!!!!! So, if you fax you request on the last submission day - you are late and will never get YOUR money back. It takes 10-20 minutes to get to the FSA account representative since the 800 number is for ALL CIGNA services. You can call 100 times about the same problem and customer service will never know about your previous calls and about the problem. You cannot see your account balance online, only on quarterly statements. You don't have FSA card and IT IS REALLY HARD TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK using existing CIGNA reimbursement system.

I'm having a lot of the same problems. I sent in a claim form and receipts on 01/27/2011 and they have lost my claim form twice and my receipts once.

I always fax them together but one form or the other is ALWAYS somehow missing.

I've been on the phone this morning with 3 people and finally just got disconnected by their PRIVACY office. Unreal how incompetent they seem to be.

Perhaps I can help with your FSA issue. Please email me @ SCR_isolve@cigna.com and I will be happy to take a look for you.

View more comments (1)

CIGNA dental wrongully charged my Cigna FSA Account

Cigna dental admitted that charged my FSA account (2 times $81) for the cleaning procedure which is supposed to be covered 100%. For the past 2-3 months I was told that the problem was fixed - FSA account was credited. But no, it is still not( and it looks like it never will).When I call FSA account - they say it is CIGNA dental problem, when I call DENTAL- they say I should call FSA. I am not sure now who should I call to fix it. It looks now that it is part of the CIGNA DENTAL/CIGNA FSA new way to make extra money.

WHO IS THE FSA?

I am having a problem with a cleaning that did not need to be done and they jabed my gums to justify their time spent with me and gave me a horible infection that resulted in my loosing of my teeth.

Who is the FSA?

I am writing the DCA and have allready gone through the BBB which is a waist of time.

Cigna waited until after the end of the year to act so I lost my bennifits for 2015.

Perhaps I can assist you with your FSA claim? Please email me @ SCR_isolve@cigna.com and I will be happy to take a look at it for you.

View more comments (2)
Loss
I was employed by Konica Minolta and my department was dissolved in January 2010. Konica paid for my insurance for 1 month and paid the supplemental cobra through ADP to Cigna. I am over 65 but because I was employed by a large company I paid $700 a month in premiums...

Sorry, typo, "entitled" to. Please email us with your concerns. Again, our email address is @ SCR_isolve@cigna.com

Review
CIGNA took money out of my HSA account in error to cover my September, 2010 annual "Wellness" physical with my health care provider. The health care provider returned the check, but now after a dozen phone calls to CIGNA @ 1-800-244-6224 I still don't see the funds...

I had the same issue twice. Improperly cleaned out my account and sent it to the doctor in error.

It took 3 months of phone calls and empty promises to finally get it fixed. They finally credited my account. Then on the very next claim did the same thing again. I am still dealing with that one and trying to get my money back.

it has been 3 months and they still haven;t done naything about it. I think I am just going to sue them.

Cigna Customer Care
BEWARE!!!!!! Cigna Medicare Access will cost you more than regular Medicare Part B. They will only cover Medical Botox under Part B under their terms (the doctor's administration of the drug will be billed separate from your doctor's office co-pay under Part B "after...