Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Cigna review in Chicago, Illinois: Beating Around the Bush

My husband and I started on Cigna insurance in September. The day after I went to the eye Dr, we got a call saying I was dropped from the insurance. The reasoning they gave us was they accidentally sent some paperwork we needed to complete to our previous address in Iowa. Well, I'm not quite sure how they got that address in the first place since we never had insurance there. Now it is the end of December and I am still trying to get back on the plan. Cigna told us we had to fill some paperwork out, so we did...and still nothing. My husband had called atleast 5 times, and they always said it hasn't been approved yet. He called again the other day, and they now told him he has to go through his company and have them call the insurance company. From reading most of these comments, one would think that Cigna would get the point...that they're a terrible company and they only screw people over.

we don't care your on your own. republican national committee

They are telling my wife and I that since she is on bedrest for a high risk pregnancy they are dropping her insurance. I haven't called yet, but I'm not above driving/flying to cigna hq and raising help personally if this can't be resolved.

Cigna Pharmacy - Sends whatever drugs they want

I ordered generic drugs from Cigna Pharmacy which should have cost $14. Instead brand name drugs were shipped at a cost of $100. I was told the generic was no longer available so they sent brand name drugs without my consent. Customer service was extremely rude (yelling). I was told my account could not be credited until i returned drugs (which I had not received yet). They had no problem charging my account without my consent, but wouldn't do anything until drugs were returned. I was disconnected from Customer Service after 20 minutes on hold. I just want people to know who they are dealing with if they choose to use the Cigna pharmacy service. I have never had a problem using the local pharmacy and will never use Cigna again.

OH LOOK! :p ANother member of the LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com CLOWN POSSE!

:grin PAID TROLLS :upset to make it look like Cigna cares :cry ...how sweet, but a total LIE! :( Cigna doesn't give a flip about its customers. Cigna screws them every chance it gets!

:sigh WAKE UP PEOPLE! :eek

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I would be more than happy to assist if you could please send me your contact info to SCR_isolve@cigna.com.

Review
#281960 Review #281960 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Cigna Short Term Disability Fails

First I had double pneumonia, doctor realeased me too early. The medical staff at my plant would not let me return to work for 3 weeks after. Cigna got away with only paying me for 1 week! They said that since my doctor released me, I had to prove a further complication to open a new claim. Now, I have been off for 3 months with a severe chemical imbalance (probably due to stress), accompanied with chronic debilitating migraines. I had to check myself into a behavioral hospital to get them to pay at all, then they insisted I had to follow up with a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist refused to fill out the leave paperwork so they denied my claim. I appealed and sent paperwork from my general practitioner. They totally disregarded the gp's notes, saying they didn't follow the proper format! Now I am about to lose my job, my health insurance, and my house!

I am SOOO sorry for asll the BS you've been through. Been through a lot of it myself with these thugs at Cigna.

Get an attorney if it's not too late these people LIE like a cheap rug, all over the place! Your Doc probably filled the form out just fine, it was a BBBUUULLLLLSSHHHIIITTTT EXCUSE the made up to ***!

You are NOT paranoid! They do this to the VAST majority of disability claimants and have more class action and other lawsuits against them than you could count! Why do they do it? Because most people especially those that are broke or depressed can not get an attorney or will simply GIVE UP and not seek an attorney. It is NOT INSURANCE at CIGNA, it is a CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE!

#420555

I had a heart attack Jan 6th this year 95% blockage and other 3 75%. 95 was repaired with stint.

cigna has refused short term disability. Going for stress test Mon and will do other stints next week. How can they turn you down when the doc has said no work for 6 wks.

Why do I even have this coverage if they are not going to stand behind me. no money to pay bills or buy food not even to meet the copay

Cigna Disability Insurance

Cigna Vision Mismanagement

Submitted a claim for my vision testing, new frames and new lenses. My claim wasn't processed in a timely manner. After 4 weeks they gave me a fax number to submit the claim to. This fax number consequently wasn't listed on the original forms. They processed my frames and lenses claim twice on the same claim. A $350 claim was now $700. I got a notice back stating that I needed to submit additional information about the doctor that tested my vision. This information wasn't stated on the original form I mailed in. I received a check for reimbursement of my lenses but they over paid due to processing the claim twice. When I called them to have one set of the claims removed from my account, they told me they were going to have to go back and review my claim again. When I asked them where I should send a bill for the time spent gathering additional information for them (not listed on the original forms) and the time spent on the phone to sort through their mess, they told me that I could bill my time back to them.
Cigna Claim

Cigna review in Syracuse, New York: Inadequate information in regard to life insurance policy.

my mother worked for a company for thirteen years. almost seven days a week. the insurance companies kept changing on her to his day. the company just dropped her medical and prescription plans. my mother called the company and afifty thousand life insurance policey that payable at the time of her death is in question because she is past seventy years of age. sounds under - handed to me...... i managed to help my mother and find medical and presciption help. Paying through payflex for her coverage. all of a sudden ins is dropped on june 28.2011 , but was not notified until. july if 2011. i think it is horrible that companies are getting away with this . what are these elderly people do. my mother was a hard worker. i will fight the ins com and the employer and prove their under -handedness. thank you for the expression of my complaint.11-14-2011. cigna should have sent a notice explaining her life ins status.....
Review
Here's a letter I just wrote to Cigna. Sorry for the length, but the word needs to get out: Cigna, I cannot begin to describe the grief that the incompetence and apathy of your company has caused me. Anecdotal evidence STRONGLY suggests, and the shared experience...

They are scamming me in a similiar fashion. Do yourself a favor and do the following:

1) Open a claim with your States AG. They MUST respond to these and it scares the *** out of them.

2) Threaten to sue the AGENT first and then the company. Claim the Agent was so grossly incompetent that their actions were equally culpable for the denial.

3) Sue the company in small claims (if your State allows) its way easier than any big suit.

4) Write to your Congress reps. The insurance lobby is llike the NRA but at least your voice will be heard.

Keep *** with them... it's fun!

Loss

I agree, Cigna is a terrible company. I've had it!

Update by user Dec 10, 2011

Still dealing with the Cigna mess. No closer to solving.

My complaints to media were ignored. People need to go to the media. If there are enough complaints, perhaps something will happen. ABC, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, anyone you can think of.

This needs to be exposed to the public & investigated. People are being destroyed by this.

You expect SSA, or other government programs to give you a hard time, but not a Private insurer with a supposedly good reputation. People who work hard do not get sick on purpose & should not be forced to suffer like this.

Original review posted by user Nov 08, 2011

What CIGNA has done to me & countless others is sickening and inexcusable. People should notify the media. I was denied short-term disability for no good reason. No income since August 2011 with no end in sight. This company only gives you the run-around. I swear I was going mad over all the PAPERWORK they wanted! They deny you for some ridiculous reason. If you hire an attorney, by the time the case is settled you will have lost everything you have worked for. Do an Internet search on CIGNA disability complaints to see the complaints that are posted.

Worst experience with a company. EVER.

$7,000 may not seem like a lot, but Cigna's denial of my short-term disability after two months (plus premiums paid voluntarily!) is inexcusable. I jumped through every hoop they required and they also wasted countless hours of my doctor's time. Not enough medical documentation? P-L-E-A-S-E.

All appeals exhausted. The ERISA attorney I met with said it's not worth his time and work for a "mere $7K." Could also take years. At least he had more integrity than Cigna!

I feel so defeated.

CIGNA has also screwed me over, harrassed me, made me more sick than I was before. I feel like it's a David and Goliath scenario...

CIGNA uses every trick in the book to evade, confuse, and essentially screw over their clients.

DO NOT GET CIGNA!!!!! They are inhumane bastards.

@Unlucky

I could not have said it better myself.. This company and SSA destroyed my life..

My husband and I are now losing our home for sure and most like face a homeless shelter, because he doesn't make enough money to support two people..

You work hard for 30 years and pay into the system and this is what happens..

There is no safety net for people who get sick..

SSA is just as evil.. Their own doctor said I was disabled, but this "hanging judge" who sees you over a video conference used some doctor in Texas who'd never even talked to me to over-ride the SSA doctors decision. It makes me sick.. This doctor who'd never seen me or talked to me didn't even have all of my medical records..

Now I'm stuck waiting another year for a decision from Cigna or SSA.. It may eventually be settled, but even if it is..

Its just too late.. :cry

furiousinindiana

All of us victims need to shout it from the roof-tops!! There is no excuse for the *** people go through.

I worked for that benefit and thought it would be there as a cushion in the event of an illness. Here it is 14 months later, I still have no benefit and am forced to just suffer while I lose everything I've ever worked for. I don't know if I should feel better or worse because of other victims, I just know that someone needs to stop them.

The media isn't going to pay attention to one person, everyone needs to raise *** about this company. :cry

furiousinindiana

I forgot to add that this stress had made me even sicker than before. I can't sleep, I fall, it goes on & on. This really stinks.

@furiousinindiana

OH! and LOOK!!! The CIGNA PAID TROLL POSSE POSTED TOO...HOW SWEET! :grin They are a TOTAL waste of time and wil not do squat to help anyone...it is just a bbbuuullllssshhiiiittt public relations campaign to make it look like Cigna actually cares :sigh WHAT A *** LIE! :(

THESE CIGNA BASTARDS SCREWED ME TOO!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

THROW EM IN JAIL I SAY!!!!!!

They LIE CHEAT and LIE SOME MORE!

All those PAPERS they said never got faxed or the never got in the mail!! THEY TELL THAT BULL TO EVERYONE THEY SCREW!

They have "nurses" that lie about your ability to work and have never even seen you..and I STRONGLY suspect they are not really even nurses at all. :(

HOW ON EARTH CAN THESE BASTARDS STILL BE IN BUSINESS???

BECAUSE YOU NATIONAL MEDIA is bought and sold by these HUGE ADVERTISERS! And many local papers and TV are scared to death of lawsuits if they don't dot the i's and cross all the t's in their reports just right! IT IS INSANE WHAT CIGNA GETS AWAY WITH! :x

Filing a claim can be a frustrating process. If you wish to email your information to us @ SCR_isolve@cigna.com - We can try to help with the information needed to resolve your claim.

View more comments (6)

Cigna review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Stall tactics to pay

Cigna has used all pathetic tactics to stall payment for disability. They do not return phone calls. Cigna says they fax info and they don't, yet blame their customer for not getting medical information and hence, payment is not made. When I call and push and threaten, Cigna gives a few crumbs...a payment for a couple days. (like that's going to pay the mortgage). And, I will need to go through the entire hassle again for a few bucks. I have Cigna on email, documentation, showing their incompetence and careless attitude. How sad a company sets at the level of pond ***.

Cigna review in Greenville, South Carolina: The all might dollar

It is a shame that a insurance company would drop a hospital and doctors that people has been with for years and years. For example I have gone to the same doctor for 26 years. He delivered my child and I go to him every year for my pap smear. Then you have dropped Mountain State Alliance. In my opinion I quess Tn Eastman and Wellmon Hospital and associates must get a kick back for using Cigan. Cigna has alway had a contract with the health provider so you only pay a certain amount anyway. Cigna said they would help us find a doctor under Wellmont. Myself I would rather have HMO atlest I could go to the doctor I want. I feel like this country is moving more and moe toward dicatorship. Cigna is telling us what doctor we can go to. Caring for patients doesn't matter any more it is all about the all might dollar.
Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna

My husband & I have Cigna with my husband's employer. Cigna has been a nightmare to deal with. Cigna will not pay claims,& a pain to deal with. I am dealing with Cigna on a claim for an office visit I had. Cigna has misfiled the claim for the office visit being for a surgical procedure. I did not have any surgery on the day I went to the Dr. I have called Cigna,my Drs.office has called Cigna,And I still cannot get this issue resolved. So I am going to have to pay an additional fee on top of the copay that I have already paid.