Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Cigna review in Los Angeles, California: Lack of ethics, breach of contract and fiduciary obligation

I have a PPO policy, not a group, no ERISA issues. CIGNA has challenged each submission, uses medical reviewers who are not doctors in the field, violating the law regarding peer to peer review, active practice, same state, within zip of policyholder or doctor. It violates the laws playing doctor over riding the doctors decisions without having any basis by which they do so. As the policyholder, I am the employer, and CIGNA does not believe they are accountable to me, no explanation or reasons should be provided the person who pays the premium and the salaries of the CIGNA personnel from the CEO down. Everything is medically unnecessary! If that was the case, the doctor should not perform the surgery. CIGNA does not ask for more background, blanket denial, go appeal our decision. Third-party IME's violate AMA policies to error on the side of the patient, and each submitted bill has had to be processed three to four times to get it done correctly. The State of CA needs to stop the violations and protect the Citizens of CA. The citizens in CA need to rally against the Attorney General and Insurance Dept for turning a blind eye and allowing CIGNA to get away with abusing the policyholders. STAND UP, SPEAK OUT with numbers, CIGNA will have to change or be fined.

I've had the same issues with my disability claim. It is going on one year since my injury and I haven't received a paycheck since May 2013.

I don't know what I'm going to do if they deny my claim for LTD again (the last denial involved using my EYE DOCTOR as the expert to deny a neurological disability!?!?!? The denial also stated that a nurse reviewed my neuropsych evaluation to determine my cognition levels when the Cinga policy clearly says that a doctor must review. It is ridiculous the nonsense they tell you OR they just don't return calls. Every week for the past 4 weeks I've called, left a message but have not received a responses.

Yesterday I had to go back to work, though clearly I should not. Out of all my doctors, I finally had one who took pity on my no money situation and signed that I could return to work based on a list of stipulations. It took everything I had and then some to make it through the day. But when you're waiting for LTD, you cannot collect unemployment and, once you run out of PTO time as pay, you are completely screwed for money.

An entire freaking YEAR they have been dragging this out! How does one file an official complaint???

So sorry you have had to go through this garbage!!!!!

These people pull this *** everywhere it seems! I am surprised you have not seen a LetUsHelpU@cigna.com *** poster her yet...they troll these boards clasiming they will help..or "would like to TRY to help"....YES the would LIKE to WANT TO TRY...bunch of scummbags in my opinion and I get the same denials as you speak of. I have another provider for health and they have been wonderful....CIGNA HOWEVER SUCKS BIG PILES OF HORSE MANURE!

CIGNA FORGOT ONE IMPORTANT RULE!!! DO NOT MESS WITH TEXANS!!! I WIL BE EVERYWHERE ON THE INTERNET THEY ARE TELLING PEOPLE THE TRUTH>>>I AM TOO SICK AND DISABLED TO WORK AND THIS IS A CONSTRUCTIVE WAY FOR ME TO FOCUS ALL THE PAIN I AM IN!

I WONDER HOW MANY DISABLED PEOPLE HAVE KILLED THEMSELVES BECAUSE OF CIGNA'S ***?!??!?! I WON'T BUT I COULD SURE SEE HOW THESE DIRTBAGS MESS UP PEOPLE'S LIVES AND THEIR HEALTH!

Loss

Why would a company use CIGNA?

Why would a company like Gannett use an insurance company like CIGNA? Their reputation for not paying people who are out on disabilty renders them useless when you need them. I was off for almost 2 months and when you go on sick leave, you don't consider how you will be paid, because you are sick... When you are jerked around by CIGNA and there is a big hassle between doctor and insurance company, the stress that causes compounds how bad you feel by quantums. The hardship created when a single adult needs to be off work for a period of weeks is major. I always felt secure that I had disability insurance, thinking I was protected. I really believe that my company, Gannett, should demand better response and coverage for their employees. I am sure they pay for this insurance to cover us and if they make it impossible for people to collect the benefit, what good does it actually do? What's more...insurance companies are so favored in the court and legislative system that as simple employees seeking benefits, we have very little resources to turn to. Being sick is a very vunerable and difficult time, this makes it even worse.

I feel EXACTLY as you do...and have had the exact same experience..worked hard all my life and then get sick and it's hitting *** hard too, then I trusted Cigna to take care of my std but they juust paid less than a month and then friggin' denied any further coverage. I KNOW EXACTLY what you mean about the stress compounding the pain and sickness I have the exact same thing with myself...I would not shed a tear if these SOB's were bombed by N. Korea..they are a special form of EVIL that deserves a special place in hheelllll!!!

They LIE about what Drs reports say too..and OMIT favorable information AND have the NBERVE to have their OWN NURSE that has NEVER EVEN SEEN A PICTURE OF YOU...this *** will override your doctors AND your employer saying there is NO WAY you can work!!!

BUNCH OF DAMNABLE CRIMINALS in MY OPINION...SHOULD BE TRIED IN COURT FOR CRIMES AGAINST ALL PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE DISABLED!!!

Cigna Disability Insurance
Loss
I am 30 and have two toddlers. 6 weeks ago my dr found a tumor in my chest and had to split my chest like an open heart surgery. I have an incision from my collar bone to my sternum. My surgeon wanted me off for three months but since I don't do any lifting in my...

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having such a difficult time. If you have any questions or require any assistance with this matter, please send an email to LetUsHelpU@cigna.com.

View more comments

Cigna review in North Augusta, South Carolina: Long-term disability

The company I work for offers both st and lt disability thru cigna. My st disability claim was delayed by them, and rather then argue with them, i sbmitted a punitive claim against them and also notified the dept of insurance. As far as my lt disability, they have already advised mr that these claims would be delayed at least 45 days. This is alledgedly based on there contract with my employer and their standerd operating procedures. (sop). There sop is in direct conflict with all states fair claims laws. If you are not receiving your benefits in a timely manner, notify your states department of insurance and submit a claim to cigna for punitive damages, Punitive damages are payments over and above the contracted amount. TO READ THE FAIR CLAIMS LAWS, YOU CAN EITHER GO TO YOUR STATES DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE WEB SITE, OR JUST GOOGLE FAIR CLAIMS LAWS. KNOWLEDGED CONSUMER

I'm sorry about the issues you are having with your disability. I would be more than happy to take a look at it to see if there is anything I can do to speed up the claim processing for you. If you would like some assistance, please email me at LetUsHelpU@cigna.com

Cigna Claim
Loss

Cigna review in Culpeper, Virginia: Carecentrex is awful to deal with you get no results!!

1. Written by A. Perry on October 7, 2012 From Culpeper, Virginia, US My first in counter with Carecentrex was a bout a specific breast pump I needed (my twins were born at 24 weeks gestation) it took over two months to get this pump my milk was nearly dried up!!!! So thats the 1st traumatizing experience. Now I have been back and forth with Cigna and Carecentrex (my twins are to be discharged 10/10/12 a few days from now) well after getting the information about their oxygen equipment supplier I call and set up arrangements for delivery. Long story short yesterday they were delivered and all of the equipment is WRONG my girls are on low flow a quarter of a liter they brought me high flow equipment and concentrators. The provider told me the Neo's wrote the script wrong after speaking with the NICU team NO THEY didn't which leads me to believe this vendor is incompetent. Furthermore they are 56 miles away from my home versus Apria which is 33 miles away and has 24-7 tech service. Then no Apnea monitors as of yet that were to be delivered to the hospital, so I am still stuck without necessary equipment to bring these girls home. I have waited and been through ---- for four months, and now here we go again with the traumatic process of being let down once again by the partner of Cigna. I have called so much since June 2012 I know my member ID number by heart!!!!!!!! I want all of this fixed by end of day tomorrow but I doubt this will occur, because they drag their feet with everything. My poor husband is in Afghanistan protecting our country, and I can't even get medical equipment to bring our twins home . Report
Angelina

I have been calling Alpha medical about the oxygen equipment nothing but answering machine!!! Are you serious if I needed more oxygen I wouldn't get it now would I soI left another message!!!!

No result none.... Why do you all choose providers that do not deliver excellent customer service?

@Angelina

Cigna is NOTORIOUS for screwing people over they are a VERY POOR excuse for a company of ANY kind let alone one that holds people's lives in the balance!

I hope you were finally get all that straightened out...they have made a LIFE LONG enemy with me...and as you can tell I am doing something about it!..at least while I am still well enough to get on the computer. :?

Review

Cigna review in Schaumburg, Illinois: Never dealt with a horrible insurance company until now

I have a bad knee. It swells, collects fluid and gives out on me. I have been going to an Ortho Dr since July. He wanted an MRI but CIGNA denied it saying I need an xray first so we did the xray. Now they have denied it saying I need therapy first. My Dr knows that will fail and might cause more damage and he needs the MRI to find out how much damage is there!! Everytime I call CIGNA I get the run around. I have NEVER had so much problems with an insurance company. I had surgery on my other knee 8 years ago and everything went great from start to finish. No issues from the insurance I had at the time.

Cigna reminds me of the 1997 movie "The Rainmaker" in which Matt Damon plays a lawyer who takes on a powerful insurance company. Deny, deny, deny is Cigna's company motto and they try to wear claimants down and avoid payment. The only thing they want is the premiums and no payouts.

They should be investigated, and companies offering this insurance to their employees and retirees ought to be ashamed.

Hello,

I'm sorry for the troubles you have had with your knee and I would like to help. If you like, send me an email at LetUshelpU@cigna.com and I can take a look at the account for you.

@CignaQuestions

You are so full of ***! WHY DO YOU COME HERE AND LIE TO PEOPLE TELLING THEM YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP????

YOU MAY WANT TO HELP BUT YOU WILL NOT HELP!

YOUR COMPANY IS A DISGRACE..TAKE YOUR LETUSHELPUATCIGNA AND STICK IT UP YOUR ***!

Review

Cigna stealing people's Money!

Cigna had approved my spinal fusion back surgery September 6. 2012 and 4 days before my date they turned around and denied surgery. Reason was for procedure was experimental. I try to call hopelessly crying for help. I am crawling in pain. Cigna speak to pre-certification board and I was on hold for 2hours. When I finally reached someone and told them my experiment I was hung up on. I called again and was hung up on again. I Needed back surgery and it was denied because Cigna decided that the procedure was experimental. So after a lot of sending in a lot of medical proof they only approved for me to have half a surgery. The only problem with this was putting in the hardware was denied again. What do I do? Cigna is one of the worst insurance companies I have ever dealt with. Also this surgery has been done in the US for 10 years so when is it considering not experimental? After my first appeal I will seek lawyer. I paid them lots of money. Been working at my job for 9years and got screwed by Cigna.

Please see what other people have faced with this company.

The Health Insurance Racket on sick for profit, and read Cigna this should be a crime on pissed consumer. One can never forget.

@Jo

I TOTALLY AGREE JO!

And next thing you know they will be here spouting that LetUsHelpU@cigna.com nonsense. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried that. Someone did respond said they would review it to help and NEVER contacted me again! I made repeated attempts to ask what was going on...the S.O.B.'s never even replied.

The LetUsHelpU@cigna.com is a public relations campaign to try and clear their image, but they don't help anyone with REAL issues...about all you can get from them is in network lists of docs and such..they will not help with disability claims. This company is a bunch of *** in my honest opinion...they rank right up there with Enron and I feel many of them should be in prison!

Cigna review in Reading, Pennsylvania: Law suit

If anyone on this page feels they would like to pursue a class act suit against Cigna please notify me. At this point I am just feeling out to see if I can get enough people who have been screwed by Cigna. I am at my wits end, I have tried working with them, begging, pleading, threatening, trying to do their work for them, all to no avail. It's almost 4 months since my surgery and I haven't received even one payment IAM DESPERATE! If any of you who have posted here would be be interested email me at emilysmom212423@aol.com

I would love to file a class action law suite. I was approved for a claim.

Began a lengthy procedure of surgery and denied the rest of it when it was approved already. Needless to say I'm stuck with rods hanging out. can't get back to work bc disability.

And now LT disability won't pay out. I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do.

And here again is the Cigna PR team trying to save their screwed up company's image...don't you people believe it..they will NOT help...they will only respond and say they are looking at review of your case and they will not do a THING to help you. Bunch of thieves to me!!!!

THEY TROLL THESE AND OTHER COMPLAINT BOARDS TRYING TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THEY GIVE A RAT"S ***! CIGNA IS A JOKE AT BEST AND CRIMINALS IN REALITY IN MY OPINION!

Hi,

I am so sorry that you've had such a frustrating experience with us. I would be more than willing to look into your account to see why the surgery claims haven't been paid and what I can do to resolve this. If you would like my assistance, please email me at LetUsHelpU@cigna.com.

Cigna Disability Insurance

CIGNA DESTROYS LIVES

Update by user Aug 28, 2012

I forgot to say that I have an attorney, and still no progress with this greedy and unethical company. By the time the case settles, I will most likely be pushing a shopping cart and asking for hand outs. I am not kidding, it is that bad.

Original review posted by user Aug 28, 2012

My story is pretty much a mirror of everone else's. I first filed for disability in August of 2011 and here it is almost September 2012. Not one dime in pay. I'm about to lose every single thing I've ever worked for and it seems nobody cares. CIGNA is an expert at collecting premiums and then denying claims for no other reason than just pure greed. As many complaints as I've found against this company I don't understand why people are not shouting from the roof-tops about their experiences. You all need to flood your local Insurance Commissioner's office, or if on a Federal Contract file a complaint with the US Department of Labor. MOST IMPORTANTLY: YOU ALL NEED TO START FLOODING THE NEWS AGENCIES BECAUSE ONE PERSON CAN'T DO IT.. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!!

CIGNA! Right now i am a ticking time bomb...

i am not losing everything i have but, also my job over a denied claim. And this is 2 different claims one in june for 2 weeks. Cigna claims they did not receive forms from dr. I get informed 3 months later in which my employer plans to fire me for being /taking time off with paid time to cover it.

1 month later i did end up having to have shoulder surgery and its a nightmare... i first got approved for up to 26the weeks. Now i have to reaubmit pay form fees for my dr to fill out the same form be did 3and weeks ago.

I really cant handle this *** i am considering a lawsuit. I dont / and wont have *** to lose thanks to Cigna.

Yes Cigna destroys lives and we can never forget, please read about it on the health Insurance racket, sick for profit, or read Cigna this should be a crime on pissed consumer. The people who have suffered,and been abused, and killed as well. CAN NEVER FORGET.

Hi, my name is Jason. I am truly sorry you feel that way.

I would like to sincerely apologize about your experience you've had with us. I would like to change your mind about us by helping you as best as I can.

If there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to Email me at LetUsHelpU@cigna.com. I will be more than happy to help you.

Review
#342076 Review #342076 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Cigna

Cigna Is a Joke..People please stay away from this Company!...They are nothing more than a Scam! they will put a nice package for you but when you need them the most they will deny any coverage! I am in awe at the lack of customer service and inability for any of their staff to be able to help with any matter. It's like talking to a wall. They keep transferring you from person to person department to department, just waiting for you to get tired upset and hang up the phone. Cigna is trouble waiting to happen. Stay Away!

Hi Luis. I'm sorry that you are having trouble.

I've recieved your email and will be in touch very soon. If there are other questions I can answer for you, please email me again at LetUsHelpU@cigna.com.

@cignaquestions

You people did they EXACT SAME STUNT WITH ME...WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS WE REVIEW IT!!!!!!! NEVER HAPPENED!!! EVEN AFTER REPEATED REQUESTS!!!

CIGNA GO SCREW YOURSELF LIARS!

WARNING TO EVERYONE>>>THEY DO THIS SAME THING ALL OVER THE WEB TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THEY GIVE A ***!!! IT IS A LIE 90% OF THE TIME THEY DO NOTHING TO HELP ANY CUSTOMER!!!!!